Notices

no brake lights or horn

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2001, 10:37 PM
muffking69
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

'93 jap wrx import so the destructions & fuse box are in jap.
Horn: Checked the horn works, the horn button, the earth to the horn & the switch are ok, but there is no supply @ the horn or switch. Checked the fuses in the divers compartment & under the bonnet. Can't check the relays so have I missed something???
Brake lights: Checked the bulbs & bypassed the pedal switch. Again, fuses are ok, but still can't read what is for which circuit. Even checked for corroded harness connectors in the boot. The spoiler brake light doesn't work either. Is there anything else I can check???

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone scan & send a diagram or copy of the fuse box list from a UK scoob.
Old 02 August 2001, 08:15 AM
mrlegacy69
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had the same problem myself just the other day. I have 93 twin turbo legacy so may not be exactly the same. Horn and brakes are on the same fuse which is 15amps.Every time I used the horn the fuse would blow which meant I also had no brake lights. After mucking around I found that one horn was rusted and crappy and that when I replaced the horn with a new one the circuit was back to being how it should and I have had no more trouble.<as you can tell I am not much of an expert on electrical wiring. The fuse is the 3rd in in the middle row if your looking side on down the length of the car. Hope this helps.