Notices

MY00 Alarm fault

Search this Thread

Old 12 July 2000, 02:53 PM
Dippy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Last night my remote control stopped working when I arrived at Homebase. OK, so I'll set the alarm with my PIN.

When I came back to the car, I unlocked the door, alarm went off, I entered my PIN....

Alarm keeps going!!!

Tried a few more times and gave up, since I knew it locks you out for 30 mins after 3 failed attempts.

I phoned Subaru Assistance and a guy turned up after 25 mins. He admitted that he couldn't do much except test the remote's batteries, which were OK.

I then tried my PIN again and it disarmed the alarm. (Looks like finger trouble!)

The garage guy then checked my car battery - 12.8V. He thought that was probably low, as he expected it to be like the Beemers' about 13.5V.

Anyway, by using my PIN carefully, I re-armed, then disarmed so that I could start the car within 30 seconds. At least I could get home (after talking to the guy about his V8 Ford Capri for 15 mins - I used to be a Capri fan myself).

When I got home I tried the spare remote. It didn't work but I persisted and eventually it did!

I phoned Lancasters today and discussed this with a technician. He told my that they don't stock spare remotes, but their alarm technician is in tomorrow so if I come to the garage he'll try to 're-synchronize' the remote as sometime they go out of sync.

Well I'm not going to lose more work time for this so I tried the resync. myself, as it details in the handbook. It worked, and I'm back to normal.

So it sounds like the MY00 alarm has a 'known fault' but at least it's easy to fix.

What about the car battery? What voltage should a healthy one read? 12.8V seems good to me.
Old 13 July 2000, 11:27 PM
DaveW
Scooby Regular

Dippy,

Only thing I can think of is that if the remote button is pressed a few times (I think its 30 but not sure) out of range of the car then it will need re-synced.

DaveW
Old 09 August 2000, 12:35 AM
Dippy
Scooby Regular

Jon,

I cannot confirm the type - the documentation does not say.
Yes the keypad is in the glovebox (top right corner), I presume that this is the standard place for UK spec cars.
Old 09 August 2000, 08:45 AM
jwhitton
Scooby Regular

I assume the alarm is a Sigma M30?

Where did the dealer fit the key pad, I want mine in the glove box but so far have been given excuses on this!

jon
Old 11 August 2000, 11:33 AM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Yup, I have a std UK MY00 and keypad is in glovebox.