Notices

Road Angel mounting??

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2004, 07:22 PM
Pockman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Angel mounting??

Have had my Road Angel (which is also linked up to my LRC100 unit) on the right hand side of the dask by the driver's door pilar, for some time now.

It looks OK, but has anyone found any really neat ways of making a Road Angel look a bit more 'installed' on a scooby (pref MY03). Does anyone make a mounting pod?

I'd love to find a decent way of mounting the road angel along with std type a gauge (prob oil temp)

Thanks,

Chris.
Old 26 March 2004, 02:09 AM
wheelie_sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pockman
Have had my Road Angel (which is also linked up to my LRC100 unit) on the right hand side of the dask by the driver's door pilar, for some time now.

It looks OK, but has anyone found any really neat ways of making a Road Angel look a bit more 'installed' on a scooby (pref MY03). Does anyone make a mounting pod?

I'd love to find a decent way of mounting the road angel along with std type a gauge (prob oil temp)

Thanks,

Chris.
Chris,

I've had the road angel (inc laser unit) for a while now and have found that the best mounting place in bang in the middle of the dash using the window mounted holder provided (directly above the centre instrument gauge on a MY03 STI). Easy unhooking just in case you're in town and need to relocate into the boot!
If you have the laser unit though, I've found the best mounting position to catch mobile units is under the tax disk.

BTW what do reckon to the LRC100 unit, any issues I should be aware of installing front & rear units?

Pete

Last edited by wheelie_sti; 26 March 2004 at 02:12 AM.