Notices

MY03 Foglight conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 16 June 2003, 04:59 PM
Skanky
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does anyone know if the UK bumper is one complete piece or 3 sepearates (bumper + 2 surrounds for fogs) ?

the reason i ask is because here in Canada and down in the States we get these riduclous projector fogs which are miniscule and ruin the look of the car.(see below)

what i would lke to know is: is the UK foglight and surround a removable piece? if so how much would it cost? would it clip into the CDM bumper fairly easily or wot? i would rather buy just he fog and surround rather than the entire bumper.

thanks.

check the members ride's section for pics:

http://www.toronto-subaru-club.com/

or

http://www.wrx.ca/english/index.htm

for the official site
Old 16 June 2003, 05:01 PM
Skanky
Scooby Newbie

notice the fact that there are next to no performance accessories available from the dealerships here. no prodrive wheels or anything!

oh and if you get the STi exhaust fitted, you void the warrantee!
Old 16 June 2003, 05:26 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

Huh, you Americans really get up my nose. You've got the 2.5 engine and better turbo, now you want the lights too[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
.Seriously, guy, have you thought of driving lights instead of fogs? If fogs will fit, so will drives, and are about the same price once you get 'em imported.

BTW: yes, I did realise I'd insulted you, calling you American. It WAS a p*ss take/joke, so PLEASE don't get wound up:
Alcazar
Old 16 June 2003, 05:43 PM
Skanky
Scooby Newbie

ooooohhhh

almost ready to call you a bad name but i'm a cannuck and we're far too poilte for that!

and sorry for my ignorange but what is the diff. btw. driving and fog lights? aren't the "normal" lights the driving lights? and the fogs an accessory/additional light?

anyway, what i want is the LOOK of a euro/JDM model car. to me it's not a Scoob with these silly little lights.
Old 16 June 2003, 06:07 PM
Charlie Boy
Scooby Regular

Shanky

I am guessing that Canadian Scoobs are the same spec as US ones? If so you won't be able to fit the bigger fog lights because US cars have a big *** bumper beam in the way. Jap and Euro spec cars don't have this bumper beam.

C
Old 16 June 2003, 06:10 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Question

Hmmmmm, hadn't thought of that, their crash regs are fiercer than ours.
FYI: driving lights are auxilliary headlights, throwing a beam the same shape as a main beam headlight, and are for fast driving after dark.
Foglights throw a wide flat beam with minimum distance, to be able to "see" in fog, and as such are a total waste of space.:
Alcazar