Notices

STI Type UK & driving lights

Search this Thread

Old 13 November 2002, 09:40 PM
Big Den
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Has anyone fitted either PIAA or the Cibie 130W driving lights to their STI Type UK?

If you have, would you recommend it as a worthwhile expense? I find the standard dipped & full beam on the STI is much better than on the classic Impreza's I've owned before & basically wondered if adding driving lamps was still worth doing.

Look forward to your comments.

Cheers

Den
Old 13 November 2002, 10:58 PM
KenG
Scooby Regular

Having just come down a very dark A65 from the M6 to Leeds tonight (been to Glasgow) I can assure you that with a set of uprated bulbs in the main/dip, driving lights are unecessary, unless you want to see into the next county. I fitted PIAA bulbs, but the Philips are supposed to be as good and a lot cheaper.

Ken
Old 17 November 2002, 10:56 AM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

Driving on little country roads I find I can never have too much light. Perhaps I'm getting old......

I've just fitted the old HID Scoobysport driving lights from my WRX onto my Prodrive STi using the Dave T-S method and they're awesome. A significant improvement. Next comes HID dip from the group buy. After that I will experiment with swopping one of the scoobysport driving light lenses from drive to pencil beams. The drive light gives a huge fill of light across the whole front of the car but not a huge distance. The plan is that one drive and one pencil beam will give a better compromise.