Notices

What is this connector for?

Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2002, 07:05 PM
Paul_M
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Behind the dash where my front foglight switch should be (I don't have one for some reason even though I have front fogs!?!) there's a black connector with 5 wires: 2 black, 2 violet and 1 black/yellow.

Is this the connector for the front fogs? I thought it was but TBH the wire colours appear to be different from what I've been told they should be. Also I thought the connector should be yellow not black (the rear foglight connector is yellow).

Cheers.
Old 25 September 2002, 01:38 PM
bendillon
Scooby Regular

i think thats to reset the fuel tank,for a differant fuel ie optimax
could be wrong though?
Old 29 September 2002, 07:38 PM
Hol
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I found th\at one and another one behind there too and stuck a foglight switch on it. Nothing happened.

Onl;y thing I could think is that they are switches for something else, which is surprising if, like me, yoy have the fog wiring behind the bumper.

I assume we are talking about a Classic Jap STI?
Old 30 September 2002, 03:50 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

On a MY01/02 the connectors for the front fog light switch and rear fog light switch are different colours but I forget what colours. The wire colours, two purple, two black and one yellow/black sounds right for the front fogs too.

DO your front fogs work? Without a switch they shouldn't be on ever. I guess the only way they could work would be on all the time with dip beam, but then you'd look like a complete max power tw*t, driving round with fogs on when it's not foggy.

I can dig out which pin is which later if helpful then you can try jumping those two together, if that puts the fogs on then worth buying a switch, I don't think they're too expensive, 14 quid rings a bell.
Old 30 September 2002, 06:39 PM
Paul_M
Scooby Regular

Nope they don't work ever! There are definitely connectors wired to the fogs themselves so I've no idea why there is no switch. I've ordered a few parts from Grade-A Subaru one of which is a front fog light switch so once I get it I'll plug it in and see whether it works.

Cheers guys.
Old 30 September 2002, 06:41 PM
Paul_M
Scooby Regular

BTW Mine is a UK Turbo which all had front fogs as standard right? I suspect the previous owner fiddled about with something such as wiring them to work with main beam, maybe removing the switch in the process.

Dunno, TBH it's not a big deal cos I doubt I'll ever use them but if they're fitted I like them to be working.
Old 01 October 2002, 03:17 PM
mark@wrx
Scooby Regular

Is this a case of 'one loom fits all'? I know some manufacturers make one wiring loom with every possible option built in thrn use it for the whole model range. Vauxhall do and Ford I think.

Trending Topics

Old 02 October 2002, 08:02 PM
Paul_M
Scooby Regular

OK just found out it's for the front fogs! Dunno why the switch wasn't there, nor why the wire colours don't seem to match the diagram I seen. But I got hold of a switch, plugged it in and voila the front fogs work with it!

Quite happy now, probably never use them again but at least I know they work
Old 03 October 2002, 09:02 AM
Hol
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Intersting!, as the MY99 switch I plugged into both the two plugs in my wiring did nothing. The fogs themselves comnnected up, but no power. I checked an the fuse was there too.

Im wondering if it is becasuse it is a type R?, maybe the wiring is for driving lights a l a GPN?