Notices

Interior lights and strange wiring

Search this Thread

Old 30 August 2002, 01:04 PM
SeepyScoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Noticed the other day that the interior light did not come on when I opened the drivers door. So thinking it would be a case of green fur on the door switch I took it out - nice and clean no problem. For some reason I decided to check the wiring on the other doors and found the wire was a different colour on all of them to the drivers door. Yellow as opposed to Blue and orange stripe on the drivers door.
Anyone come across this before or know where I can get a wiring diagram to find out what a blue\orange wire does?
Actually does anyone know where I can get a workshop manual?

Cheers
SS-MY99
Old 30 August 2002, 06:26 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

thats the only problem with subaru they use 3 different companys to make the wiring loom and none of them use the same colours they are always different and not even the same colour along the circuit they are used in.
as a rough guess it will be the bulb thats usally the main culprit, it will look ok when you look at it but try changing it anyway.
Old 30 August 2002, 06:31 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've recently had my MY99 in bits to install some ICE and I'm sure the wiring for the front doors were different.

I take it you've made sure that the switch on the interior light itself hasn't been moved?

Stefan
Old 02 September 2002, 12:42 PM
SeepyScoob
Scooby Regular

Wink

Well it works fine on all other doors and to add to it the alarm doesn't function as it should.
For example the sigma M30 is designed to re-arm after approx 30 secs if no doors are opened after it is dis-armed.
However opening the front drivers door has no effect as I found out to my embarrassement.
Opened the door to start cleaning the inside and then to my surprise the alarm rearmed just as I began hoovering, the sensors picked up the movement and off it went.