Notices

Central Locking Fault

Search this Thread

Old 17 October 2021, 06:10 PM
Initialr3
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Central Locking Fault

Evening all, I have made a rather large, idiotic mistake and require some assistance please.

I am currently in the process of taking the dash out my JDM Legacy TbSTI. The previous owner in Japan had installed a cheap Hornet alarm system.

I thought that whilst I was in the process of removing the dash I would remove the alarm system in preperation for installing a Cobra/Toad soon.

I traced all the alarm wiring, disconnected the battery and slowly and painfully removed all the connectors that ran into most of the looms. Once I removed everything, I reconnected the battery to ensure the car would still turn over. Which it does. The car starts and drives absolutely fine.

I had to cut one set of wires which run into the drivers door. The wires come from the drivers door, went into this connector then came out and ran right into the alarm wiring and then into one of the main looms. I have included a picture of the wires I cut.

The car will now only lock the drivers door, and none of the windows (from the drivers control) will work. So I suspect I have cut the wrong set of wires.

Before I contact an auto electrician, can anyone help as to where these should go to, there are no spare random wiring kicking about to signify where it was originally taken from. I have spade connectors which I can mend things with, I just need to know where to put them.

Old 17 October 2021, 06:56 PM
Initialr3
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

This is the back of that connector, appears to be some sort of aftermarket relay? I just need to know where the wires in this originally connected to?