Notices

2005 WRX Wiring diags, loss of +ive from radio, clock, cl, interior lights.

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2020, 04:03 PM
immotec
Scooby Newbie

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2005 WRX Wiring diags, loss of +ive from radio, clock, cl, interior lights.

Hi,

Hate to sponge info on a first post, but i did search and will keep searching while i wait for an answer... Im looking for 2004 WRX wiring from the radio, CL, interior lights and clock.
I have lost perma +ive Blue/yellow wire from the radio. interior lights, clock, and c/l are not working either. All these become functional when i bridge with switched +ive, although C/L is wierd on its own or may just be user error...
I have checked all fuses and the correct fuse i beleive also has power to it. It has continuity with the BlueYellow on the blue plug in top of the interior fuse box behind keypad.
The factory sigma alarm has been removed so there is of course likely to be some wiring bodges somewhere, are these looms usually wrapped in insulation tape or could they be where to start looking? The ecu immobiliser and transponder key system are working correctly as i made a couple of spare keys for the car myself yesterday to test.

Any help would be apreciated.
Thanks tom

Last edited by immotec; 15 October 2020 at 04:05 PM.
Old 15 October 2020, 05:33 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

2004 wiring diagrams attached
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
imp04_wir_1.pdf (1.61 MB, 0 views)
imp04_wir_2.pdf (1.58 MB, 0 views)
imp04_wir_3.pdf (1.78 MB, 0 views)
The following users liked this post:
Old 15 October 2020, 09:30 PM
immotec
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Don Clark
2004 wiring diagrams attached
Awesome Thank you.

Brains a little fried now though. Slow burn fuse one and Main Fuse 2 ok as power to fuse 9 in cabin.
Auto A/C control module, Combination meter, Keyless entry control module, Luggage room light (Wagon), Radio, Room light, Spot light are all on the same circuit.
Aircon isnt working either however the ac control module is, and the heaters etc all working in the car. I will check tomorow to see if the red/blue wire is live on this unit.
There is a security relay connected in here somewhere with the sigma i think looking at the immobiliser diags, I wonder if the immobilised circuits have been bodged and the main feed taken elsewhere to power the relay? Any idea where this relay is?

Im thinking now it would be safe to run a wire from fuse 9 to the radio or clock loom as close to the fusebox as i can and not bother chasing the broken wire
Apolagies for typing out loud
Old 16 October 2020, 09:24 AM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

The Immobiliser system wiring diagrams refer to the OEM setup (ECU/Imobiliser Control module/Trsansponder in key)
The Security System wiring diagrams refer to the Sigma alarm and immobiliser system.
When you say the Aircon isn't working are you refering to the A/Ccompressor or what?

Security relay is mentioned in this thread with location
https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-a...-2005-wrx.html
Old 16 October 2020, 09:53 AM
immotec
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Don Clark
The Immobiliser system wiring diagrams refer to the OEM setup (ECU/Imobiliser Control module/Trsansponder in key)
The Security System wiring diagrams refer to the Sigma alarm and immobiliser system.
When you say the Aircon isn't working are you refering to the A/Ccompressor or what?

Security relay is mentioned in this thread with location
https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-a...-2005-wrx.html
Yes I have the sigma relay circled ready to check for wiring bodges.

I havent investigated the aircon yet but it doesnt turn on at the compressor , could be anything though.
Old 16 October 2020, 10:02 AM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by immotec
I havent investigated the aircon yet but it doesnt turn on at the compressor , could be anything though.
As you say could be anything, lack of gas pressure for one. Also the compressor clutch is controlled by the ECU.
Old 16 October 2020, 11:29 AM
MrRtm
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Be thankful your not dealing with this ish lol. Had to repair a cut on the clock board as someone had cut it to hide the eml even though there is no codes bar tgv that doesnt even throw a cel anyway! Currently have no clock illumination yet everything else works fine and just can't be arsed dealing with this mess!
Old 16 October 2020, 06:55 PM
immotec
Scooby Newbie

Can you not fit some new clocks? Probably swap the eeprom over to keep milage if same clocks?

Mines all sorted, found a broken cable and the fuse i thought it was had no feed after all. Now everything is working great other than the remote fob, which I assume was part of the sigma system.

Clifford can be fitted Monday now without drama 👍

Thanks for all your help guys.
The following users liked this post:
Old 16 October 2020, 07:32 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

I hope DON never leaves us, he’s a fantastic help and I don’t think anyone would replace him. 😭😭 please don’t leave us DON 😭😭