Notices

Dash clocks and heater control lighting issue

Search this Thread

Old 24 October 2019, 10:29 AM
Dav13s
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dash clocks and heater control lighting issue

Having a bit of an issue with the dash clocks and heater control lights on my 03 WRX wagon. I replaced all the bulbs in both with LEDs a while ago and they were all working fine. The heatrol control LEDs I bought were a little smaller than the standard bulbs, so would wiggle loose now and again, but once fitted properly again they would work fine. They have all now gone out and don't work even with new replacements LEDs. Similar with the dash lights, they were fine up until a few weeks ago, then they all went off at the same time. I'd originally replaced them as one of the 2 bulbs on the tacho had gone, so I couldn't see anything up to about 4/5k on it in the dark, however for all the LEDs to go out at the same time I thought was a bit strange, despite them being cheap ones I would have expected them to go one by one. Again, new replacement LEDs fitted and still nothing. I've checked the few fuses that I think it could be, numbers 5 and 7 on the link below, and they seem fine. Any other fuses I should check, or any other potential things it could be? I guess one option would be to get someones else's dash clocks and plug them into my car to see if they work or not and go from there?

Off the top of my head, my dash fusebox looks like this (I know it says Outback...) https://www.autogenius.info/subaru-o...box-diagram-2/ I'll get a pic of it later to post up.

EDIT - The battery, handbrake, EML, indicator etc lights all still work on the dash, it's just the bulbs that light up the tacho, speedo and fuel gauge that aren't working.

Last edited by Dav13s; 24 October 2019 at 10:47 AM.
Old 24 October 2019, 12:36 PM
Dav13s
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was wrong, dash fusebox is like this. I assume the layout is the same as this https://www.subieautoparts.com/produ...storage-02-05/ so I should check 12 and 13?
Old 24 October 2019, 12:41 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Id just start by testing every fuse, doesnt take long and as long as you do one at a time you cant get owt wrong.
Old 24 October 2019, 02:26 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 747 Likes on 620 Posts

More than likely fuse #12