Mirror matic

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2019, 07:36 PM
Matty81
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Mirror matic

Hi everyone,

does anyone know know where I can buy a gadget that allows my wing mirrors to fold in when I lock my car ?. Apparently something called a mirror matic works!.

cheers
Old 03 September 2019, 08:25 PM
Simon STi
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out the group buy sections
Old 04 September 2019, 10:47 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Member Major Sarcasm was making them up until recently but he's not making any more now.

I have a new Mirrormatic kit that I never ended up fitting to my car as I went a different route. Just so you know, they work on the ignition rather than the locking system so fold out when car starts and fold in when engine is switched off.

If you want the version that fold in on the car locking button they are a Subaru part and only available by importing into the UK through Japan Parts which is where I got mine from. Cost me £130 odd for mine.
Old 04 September 2019, 01:50 PM
Simon STi
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have the part no.? Any pictures?
Will it work with JDM blob mirrors on a UK blob
thanks

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing
Member Major Sarcasm was making them up until recently but he's not making any more now.

I have a new Mirrormatic kit that I never ended up fitting to my car as I went a different route. Just so you know, they work on the ignition rather than the locking system so fold out when car starts and fold in when engine is switched off.

If you want the version that fold in on the car locking button they are a Subaru part and only available by importing into the UK through Japan Parts which is where I got mine from. Cost me £130 odd for mine.
Old 04 September 2019, 01:54 PM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Simon STi
Do you have the part no.? Any pictures?
Will it work with JDM blob mirrors on a UK blob
thanks
I don't have the Subaru part number and it wouldn't do you any good anyhow as the kit was for a new shape MY15 STI and won't work on a blob. The only kit that does work on a blob is the mirror matic.

You can fit electric folding JDM mirrors to a UK car but you will also need to fit the folding mirror switch assembly and then run one wire from the drivers door loom connector into the passanger door loom connector as UK cars are missing the signal wire from side to side. Once this is done you should be able to operate the folding mirrors using the door button. If that all works ok then it's simple to install the mirror matic unit as the instructions show in his original thread on various pages.
Old 04 September 2019, 04:19 PM
Matty81
Scooby Regular

The ignition version sounds better to be honest! Easy to install and any links to the kit mate ?
Old 04 September 2019, 04:36 PM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matty81
The ignition version sounds better to be honest! Easy to install and any links to the kit mate ?
It's all on the original Mirror-Matic thread which you can find easily through the search function.

https://www.scoobynet.com/976457-mir...irrors-19.html

But I think the OP has now sold his last unit as I indicated earlier in this thread and today I have sold my only spare unit about 30 minutes ago, just awaiting payment as I type this.

So you may be out of luck with options now as the Mirror-Matic unit is the only version that would fit your car anyhow. PM Major-Sarcasm (The OP from the thread in the link) and see if he has any more units left.

Trending Topics

Old 04 September 2019, 10:08 PM
Matty81
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys!

If you do have one floating about in your garage let me know
Old 04 September 2019, 10:09 PM
Matty81
Scooby Regular

It's all on the original Mirror-Matic thread which you can find easily through the search function.

https://www.scoobynet.com/976457-mir...irrors-19.html

But I think the OP has now sold his last unit as I indicated earlier in this thread and today I have sold my only spare unit about 30 minutes ago, just awaiting payment as I type this.

So you may be out of luck with options now as the Mirror-Matic unit is the only version that would fit your car anyhow. PM Major-Sarcasm (The OP from the thread in the link) and see if he has any more units left.
Cheers mate! If I can find one I’ll take a look at the link!
Old 04 September 2019, 10:09 PM
Matty81
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by t8bby
i may have one of these in my garage from 5 years or so ago, i had the one from the guy mentioned.
worked very well.
cheers buddy! If you do come across one in your garage let me know!
Old 05 September 2019, 09:38 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by t8bby
i may have one of these in my garage from 5 years or so ago, i had the one from the guy mentioned.
worked very well.
Welcome back bud!