Notices

Lamco Boost Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2019, 02:44 PM
Case
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lamco Boost Gauge

I've recently installed a lamco boost gauge and it works fine, only problem is I'm struggling with the electrical side of it.
I'm not 100% sure where they connect up to or even how to connect them.
I watched a few youtube videos and it seems I'm missing a 2 pin connector on the 2 wires coming from the gauge, and that the wires themselves are way too short to reach anywhere.

This is a picture of the wires from the gauge and where I think they need to go (into the back of the stereo)

I just need to know what I need to get in order to for the wires to reach and how to connect them if that is where they need to go?
Old 12 September 2019, 05:11 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 747 Likes on 620 Posts

What makes you think the wires need to connect to this connector? It's taped with blue tape (usually means its for an official accessory) which probably means its for a replacement Satnav.

Illumination circuit for UK cars is normally a Violet or Purple coloured wire. Look at the back of the switches by drivers right knee or the audio connector for the radio.

Your picture shows the Violet wire in Pin 1 of the connector this is 12v + and would connect to the yellow wire from the gauge.
The black wire from the gauge either goes to earth locally or as you have a bright switch it can be connected to the black wire in pin7 of the radio connector just below the violet wire or pin 11 as marked.

Just found it: Your ringed connector is B416 - OP connector (Navigation) for a UK MY05 onwards.

I also see where you got the idea as in the Subaru of America boost gauge fitting instructions it uses this connector - listed as B118 CD player illumination light.

H5010FE055 boost gauge installation MY04onwards

If you want to use this connector, unfortunately it's not shown on the Audio or Illumination light system wiring diagrams so you would need to ring out the two wires - one to earth, one to 12v as their colour coding is totally different.

Last edited by Don Clark; 12 September 2019 at 06:11 PM.