00 Wrx immobilizer Problems after gauge install

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2018, 08:08 PM
vanboxer2
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00 Wrx immobilizer Problems after gauge install

Hello everyboy.

Well i decided to install my new gauges today into my clock pod mount and seems i might have angered the alarm system. From the wiring diagrams i found i wired the gauges into the ignition wire, ground to ground and wired in the dimming function. On the first couple attempts the car would not prime the fuel pump or turn over. I now some how must have put it into valet mode because it will start but i am afraid after 9-10 starts i wont be able to get it to start anymore. My keypad will not illuminate, will not accept my code and on some turn over attempts i get a honk/beep from the alarm system but it will still start currently. I have tried to reset the code from methods i have found and nothing at all happens. The radio will not start and i can not use my sigma alarm fob to lock or unlock my doors plus from what i can tell my central locks do not work at all. My keyfob does not have a battery in it so i will attempt to reset that as well to see if that helps. Kinda stumped, i've found plenty on the negatives of the sigma alarm system just havent experiences any problems until after the gauge install. Sorry if this question has been answered over and over just hoping to find a new solution since the nearest subaru dealer is rather far. Thanks everyone for taking the time to read over this and thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks all
Old 03 April 2018, 08:29 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

Sounds as if you have blown a fuse/s
Old 03 April 2018, 09:15 PM
vanboxer2
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you for response i will check fuses tomorrow.