Notices

v/4 dccd wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03 February 2016, 07:56 AM
d.kenny
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default v/4 dccd wiring

doesd anyone have a manual translated into english?

i have one that i found on the internet previously and can make out most of the details from the diagrams but there are a few things that i cannot get working

everything works correctly...dash lights, dccd, thumbwheel etc but i could never get the controller/display to revert back to open when the handbrake was pulled

in the end i used a relay to effectively brake the circuit to the thumbwheel when the handbrake was pulled to brake the circuit/fault out and the system reverted to open and then when handbrake released the circuit is remade and the diff locks back up to where it was originally

now this works ok but its obviously not functioning as subau intended

the original handbrake wire seems to have no effect on the controller whether earthed, powered or broken...can anyone shed any light on this

from the diagram i have the handbrake circuitry is shared with the brake fluid level switch/light

when i had the handbrake light connected previously when the handbrake was pulled the indicator light in the dash was always very faint usually indicating an earth/wiring fault which does make sense...i just dont know where

id really like to get it working properly insead of my hillbilly method...any info would be appreciated (the manual i do have is about 20 pages long to all in japanese for the record its been scanned and uploaed online...i cant even remember which forum it was from though )

cheers