Notices

Gordon Brown at it again

Search this Thread

Old 30 March 2008, 11:33 PM
ulsterscooby
Scooby Regular

Location: Way out in front!!, wheels spinnin, flame spittin, turbo spoolin!!! --- Go home love, nobody cares!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gordon Brown at it again

Guys,

We all need to read this and sign the petition - the highest fuel prices in Europe and now a retrospective huge penalty tax:

Petition to: Remove the unfair and unjust retrospective Vehicle Execise Duty levy (back to 2001 year vehicles) as announced in the Budget on 12/3/08.

Pass this petition on to EVERYONE you know and get them to sign up to it - it is disgusting that a retrospective tax is applied - WHAT NEXT??
Old 31 March 2008, 10:04 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

personally chum i feel any petition such as the above are very much absolutely useless. ffs they had a petition to make Jeremy Clarkson to become Prime Minister.

The only way the people of Great Britain and Northern Ireland are going to stop things like this happening is to stand up and say NO in person. Actions speak larger than words.

Have you ever watched V for Vendetta when the country comes together for one night to stand up against the government? as much as this is fictional it is the only way.
Old 31 March 2008, 10:11 AM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

Have you ever watched V for Vendetta
Class film!

Anyway, i've signed it as it only takes a few seconds to do.
I don't think this is going away though and reading this months EVO mag our cousins on the continent are already getting a worse beating over CO2 emissions. A time is coming where cars will be limited on both BHP and top speed , average speed cameras aren't popping up all over the UK for fun. The days of enjoying cars like the scooby are coming to and end. I'd say make the most of it not and look back from the future with fond memories.
Old 31 March 2008, 11:28 AM
petedotuk
Scooby Regular

signed
Old 31 March 2008, 01:54 PM
garycliff
Scooby Newbie

I think the way the car tax issue has been worded is very confusing, but on reading up the new tax bands will only affect cars registered after 23 March 2006.

You can check this out at the DVLA website
The cost of vehicle tax for cars, motorcycles, light goods vehicles and trade licences : Directgov - Motoring

However, on reading through it again it is even more confusing as it doesn't mention the new bands as discussed during the budget
Old 31 March 2008, 02:38 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

From March 2009 the new bands come in and affect any car registered after March 1st 2001.
Old 31 March 2008, 02:52 PM
garycliff
Scooby Newbie

Had to go and read the actual budget report. The new bands don't come into effect until 2010. All cars from 2001 onwards will be reclassified according to their emissions.

Mine is an 06 STI which is Band F so next year my tax will be £210 and the year after £425

Absolute joke. How can someone buy a car and predict what the government is going to change the tax bands to. This has to be one of the most unfair taxes ever. He is moving the goalposts and there is nothing someone with these cars can do.

I know I chose this car but what about families with older cars that can't afford to change them. And then where do all the more polluting cars go?

Time to get this government out. Though I fear it is too late as noone will revoke this now.
Old 31 March 2008, 06:44 PM
ustolemyname??stevieturbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by garycliff

Time to get this government out. Though I fear it is too late as noone will revoke this now.
The sad truth

A modern day Guy Fawkes would be great....except one that completed his task.

They say Dick Turpin was a highway robber. We all know who the biggest highway robbers are !!!!!!!! and somehow they arent classed as criminals !!!