Notices

How many miles can an Impreza take?

Search this Thread

Old 30 December 2007, 01:11 AM
SUBJAM1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many miles can an Impreza take?

Guys

Does anybody have an opinion on how many miles a standardish Turbo Impreza is likely to manage before needing major engine work...

Most cars these days are capable of 150 - 200, 000 miles if maintained carefully, but i rarely see Imprezas with high miles...is there a reason for this?
other than maybe being short distance or weekend cars

Anybody got a high miler?
Old 30 December 2007, 01:28 AM
mr.sheen
Scooby Regular

i know of a high miler (over130000miles) tuned quite a lot running at 1.6bar boost on original engine and internals no problem. tuned by OMA performance but the highest ive ever seen was a uk turbo with 250000miles but dont know the cars history.
Old 30 December 2007, 02:58 AM
big-kev
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mr.sheen
i know of a high miler (over130000miles) tuned quite a lot running at 1.6bar boost on original engine and internals no problem. tuned by OMA performance but the highest ive ever seen was a uk turbo with 250000miles but dont know the cars history.
i think its all down to how you drive your car and maintain it . i seen a scooby the other week down the street from me and every time i seen it since the guy has been hookin the **** out of it ! then he drove in to my street today and tbh the engine is hangin out off it , so if you look after it , it will look after you
Old 30 December 2007, 09:52 AM
petedotuk
Scooby Regular

my mate has over 150000 on his rb5, Full De-cat and re-map, dont know wat power but all standard components including turbo.

He hammers the sh1te out of it everyday but he lets it warm up properly and he has a turbo timer fitted. Everyday car and it runs/sounds great.
Old 30 December 2007, 11:03 AM
RB5 Boyo
Scooby Regular

Post High Milers....

Originally Posted by petedotuk
my mate has over 150000 on his rb5, Full De-cat and re-map, dont know wat power but all standard components including turbo.

He hammers the sh1te out of it everyday but he lets it warm up properly and he has a turbo timer fitted. Everyday car and it runs/sounds great.
Aye thats a lot of miles for an impreza too, although on saying that i also have heard wat mr sheen is saying about a car i see at OMA's with over 130k miles on it, and its supposed to be quite quick and bravely tuned also....think theres a couple of high milers around OMA's running big power with standard internals!! A friend of mine also recently bought a high miler impreza turbo with 115k miles on it with a full graham Goode service history, full exhaust and down-pipe, dump valve, induction kit and front mount....he rakes the crap out of it every day and it runs sweet as a nut with no problems at all!!

I bought my RB5 a year ago with a full engine re-build into the deal. The engine had went bang at 52,000 miles with the previous owner who only had it two weeks , and it had a service history from eastwoods so seemed to have been serviced regularly....but then you dont know what way the car had been treated by the previous owners, maybe it had the s**t driven out of it and not warmed up cooled down, bad cheap petrol, bounced off the rev limiter every day....who knows.

I know any car i buy i change the oil and filter every 4000 miles and service it regularly and i like to think this helps to keep the car going for many miles....but is suppose unless u buy a car brand new u cant be sure how well the car/engine has been looked after!!

Kevin
Old 30 December 2007, 02:16 PM
OLLIeRB5
Scooby Regular

loads of high milers on pistonheads. and a lot of RB5`s as I noticed when looking with over 100k.

had a load of bug eyes in work with 90-120 k on them too.... one had 118k and was minter than mint and the guy had it from new for hs missus, and had no bother with it
Old 30 December 2007, 05:58 PM
5doorbullet
Scooby Regular

my94 uk wagon has 143k and goes like ****.... all way's puts a big on my face when i have her out for a run
Old 31 December 2007, 04:52 AM
davey21wagon
Scooby Regular

milage means nothing as long as its looked after

mind u i personally wouldn t go out and buy a car with big miles on it
Old 02 January 2008, 10:35 AM
bekee
Scooby Regular

just as was said, look after it and it will last a lifetime......my dads cars wer all serviced regularly and are still goin like clockwork..........scoobs are slightly different, as with other high performance cars, as they tend to be gunned a bit more than the average car!!! but true, keep it well maintained and ther should be no unexpected problems
Old 02 January 2008, 11:35 AM
davey21wagon
Scooby Regular

well tuned car u know in the back of ur head it s going have more problems
ie needing rebuilt at some point ( but its part of the fun )

i ve done 25 more miles in the last week ( 73k ) ......... all looking good keep u s posted
Old 02 January 2008, 10:23 PM
SUBJAM1
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the responses guys and gals, all sounds good

I've got 87k on mine with a full history so there should be plenty of life in it yet then......doh shouldnt say that its doomed now