Notices

the illegal legacy..

Search this Thread

Old 05 December 2007, 11:47 AM
wills 78
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up the illegal legacy..

hello folks meant to get this up last night but never got the chance.. travelling along ballyclares hillhead road yesterday morning a brisk enough wee speed jst 10 mph over the 40 before relizing at last minute to an array of blue flashing lights in my rear view mirror i pulled over and apoligized and that i needed to get to bank appiontment on time which had no effect to the women police officer and her hot blonde pal.. the driver proceeded to embark on a serious of questions and demanded my drivers licence informed me olso that they were conducting a subaru winter exnamination check whick i found quite unconvincing.. next her eagle eyed partner starts nutting off at me about how the car looked that the tints, exhaust system, spoiler,front strip and cb aerial were all illegal! i cheekily chirped in and informed her that the larne law enforcement reguarlly stops me so often that now that ive gotten to know sum of them by name and let me on my way after a liitle chat of were im heading and not to rev the old girls exhaust to loudly.. well well that really got her upset to say the least, and nutted off at me sum more that she could write me so many tickets that they would be intitled to impound the legacy.. i got my hump up with her and told her she would be better off putting her resources into certain areas of belfast and upsetting the people there who have never owned a drivers licence in their life.. so theres me sitting late for my appointment! by now pondering the subarus future in a crushing machine, wot happens? next the to of them get called out some were and tell me to keep my speed down!.. so much for the subarus winter exnamination and illegal extras dont you jst love the glengormley law enforcement lol...

Last edited by wills 78; 05 December 2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05 December 2007, 12:12 PM
ulsterscooby
Scooby Regular

Location: Way out in front!!, wheels spinnin, flame spittin, turbo spoolin!!! --- Go home love, nobody cares!

Think I might have met the same police woman as I drove through ballyclare back carpark @ 80+MPH ( recorded only in her pretty wee head ) 80mph over that ramp lol I was doing no more than 25mph and had travelled about 20 - 30 mtrs
She threw such a hissy fit demanding that I turned my engine off didnt go down too well when I told her I couldnt as the turbo needed to cool down.
She looked at the rear of my car then the front then she asked " Just exactly what sort of car is this " well by this stage my tongue was numb from me biting it.
She roared and shouted at me about driving around ballyclare recklessly earlier in the day ( I had been at work and home in Antrim all day )
the end up was she gave me a producer for mot insurance and driving licence but then was so confused she told me to be on my way with out giving me my copy of the slip.

She really didn't like it when I drove around the towns 1 way system and pulled up beside her (as she was ranting at another turbo'd car driver) and asked her for my copy.

This lovely blonde cop would probably be much better employed as a parking attendant cause she knows sweet fa about cars

big exhaust & dump valve must be illegal can't wait until she pulls brocks over some night lol
Old 05 December 2007, 01:15 PM
brocks
Scooby Regular

I love threads like this one............makes me feel so much more competant than some of the "new" recruits.........."Subaru winter examination"? My ar$e !!!!

I hate this sort of behaviour and have experienced the same myself all too often, the worst case was after spending a sunday afternoon cleaning the car then taking it down to Portstewart prom that night (still dressed in trackies and hoody and baseball cap from just having finished cleaning it ), I was stoped 4 times in 15 minutes......and the immortal line of " whats someone like you doing driving something like this ? "........I was furious and the said constable was put in his place so quick I think his head is still spinning.....Absolutely raging that this can go unchecked....if you feel aggrieved enough phone Ballyclare and ask to speak with the duty Inspector or Sgt, and ask if they are aware of this operation, and can they clarify why Subarus are being specifically targetted...........seems like a reasonable enough request to me.......

What a nightmare....................
Old 05 December 2007, 06:07 PM
petedotuk
Scooby Regular

Im sure Brocks will confirm with me, But if an officer gives u jibb just ask for his number, Name and station then get the blower 2 his duty sgt. Most cops just send u on ur way once u ask for their number, but it does annoy sum of them and u might get it worse.
Old 05 December 2007, 06:30 PM
c0lin
Scooby Regular

i was parked up one night in glengormley cinema car park when the R32 came in, they stopped and told me they were checking modified cars...give my car the full works and then made me open the bonnet to see underneath it he was quite shocked an said "oh, its very standard isnt it....?" lol
Old 05 December 2007, 08:07 PM
brocks
Scooby Regular

Sounds like Avo, another petrolhead cop from Antrim traffic, thats OUR R32.........hmmm, he´s playing in my car while I´m away, will have to have a word with him about that.....LOL
Old 05 December 2007, 09:37 PM
geoffo
Scooby Regular

no lie here rite...

i always get pulled after bouncing, i come pretty late and at a reasonable rate of knots - one nite i got pulled and the officer asked me to take him a rip... so i did, missed third tho whoops!
Old 05 December 2007, 09:42 PM
geoffo
Scooby Regular

no lie here rite...

i always get pulled after bouncing, i come pretty late and at a reasonable rate of knots - one nite i got pulled and the officer asked me to take him a rip... so i did, missed third tho whoops!
Old 05 December 2007, 11:08 PM
mr.sheen
Scooby Regular

i hate gettin pulled over my tongue dries up instantly and can hardly speak. i think they make me feel like i shouldnt be drivin a scooby. ive never been convicted and have no points either. maybe just me
Old 05 December 2007, 11:29 PM
c0lin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by brocks
Sounds like Avo, another petrolhead cop from Antrim traffic, thats OUR R32.........hmmm, he´s playing in my car while I´m away, will have to have a word with him about that.....LOL
ohh brocks thats not on, put him in his place
Old 06 December 2007, 12:30 PM
brocks
Scooby Regular

Yeah will have to have a word with him LMAO........as for panicking when stopped, as long as your legal, DONT PANIC......at the end of the day we are just doing a job, and aslong as the person stopping you is decent enough, they are probably more interested in the car than your driving.......live and let live.......and smile LOL, that really throws us off our guard LMAO
Old 06 December 2007, 02:43 PM
wills 78
Scooby Regular

aye they looked liked they had jst started their shift for day lol.. and i was their first subaru target, that lass has a serious attitude problem maybe shes not been getting enough in da sack recently lol!.. ill look out for her from now on and try to remember her no if needed.. isint ballyclare closing? down and rejoining with glengormley??..
Old 07 December 2007, 12:41 PM
bekee
Scooby Regular

ive found any police woman ive came across on my travels has the same sort of attitude..............some men 2 although a bit of flirting usually helps things!!!! dont understand cops applying for the traffic branch when some obviously dont know an exhaust from a gearstick..............................had a male officer stop me a while ago in magherafelt carpark accusing me of wreckless driving earlier that week.........was my first and last time there.......and asked me if i had my document if insurance for my sierra............while i was sitting in my 1.8 diesel orion..............argued with me that it WAS a sierra (i had it debadged) and wasnt until he checked with his colleagues that he apologised for wasting my time. as.shole
Old 07 December 2007, 07:11 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by c0lin
i was parked up one night in glengormley cinema car park when the R32 came in, they stopped and told me they were checking modified cars...give my car the full works and then made me open the bonnet to see underneath it he was quite shocked an said "oh, its very standard isnt it....?" lol
Unfortunately classic imprezas are now so cheap to buy that the chavs can get their hands on them. There are a lot of halfwits out there who will lower their motor by taking a grinder to the springs. It goes without saying these modifications are unsafe, I have heard of countless saxo's being stopped including one where the rear springs had been removed.

There are roads policing offiers particularly in rural region who will stop modified cars ensure the modifications aren't making the car unsafe.
Old 07 December 2007, 11:20 PM
c0lin
Scooby Regular

yeah I suppose your right there tarmac_terror, never thought of it that way! Although i have to say they were dead on an my mate had a sign on her car sayin "honk if u like my beaver" and at half 12 at nite, they even beeped their horn cos she told them she hadnt got any honks yet so at least they were down to earth!