Notices

Fuel issues

Search this Thread

Old 05 October 2007, 03:55 PM
ulsterscooby
Scooby Regular

Location: Way out in front!!, wheels spinnin, flame spittin, turbo spoolin!!! --- Go home love, nobody cares!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel issues

seeing the latest posts on fuel I recently contacted texaco to try and find out why they only supply high octane at 1 pump heres the result

From: robert taylor [mailto:rob.w.taylor@btopenworld.com]
Sent: 08 August 2007 09:22
To: Texaco UK/IRE Customer Care
Subject: High octane fuel

Hi
I am writing to enquire as to why the supply of high octane fuel from your junction one site in Antrim is so hit and miss.

It seems that there is only ever 1 pump dispensing high octane fuel and there can be none for weeks on end.

I run a performance car club here in Antrim and the onboard equipment in my car tells me that your fuel is one of the most stable ( as far as detonation is concerned ) on the market.

I have advised all my friends and club members to try to use your fuel but its a bit of a pain when we pull into the texaco forecourt only to find that all the high octane pumps are out of action.

I hope you will be able to look into this matter as having to drive 10 to 20 miles to get good quality fuel is a bit of a pain Antrim really does have a good market for high octane fuel as im sure your sales from the 1 pump you have operational at times will show.

Many thanks

Rob Taylor

Ref: 43003

Dear Mr Taylor

Thank you for your e-mail received today, regarding your concerns with the lack of available High Octane Fuel at Junction One Filling Station.

Please be advised that Texaco does not own or operate this service station, it is operated by our business partner, Mr Paul Simpson, who is directly responsible for all equipment, property and staff on site. Although we do not have any jurisdiction over the business itself, we welcome customers feedback regarding service levels at any facility that carries our brand.

Whilst we are unable to exercise any direct influence or control over this site, I have personally spoken to a Mr Mark Simpson who is likewise responsible for the site and sent your e-mail requesting that this matter be looked into and a response sent to you accordingly. Should you wish to discuss this matter personally, please do not hesitate to contact him at the service station.

Junction One F/Stn

Junction One

Antrim

BT41 4LL

Tel: 02894464520

May I take this opportunity to convey our regrets that Texaco can not be of more service to you in this matter and I sincerely hope that it will be resolved for you satisfactory.

Joanna Stead
UK & Ireland Customer Care Advisor

Chevron Limited
Global Marketing, Europe Marketing
1 Westferry Circus, Canary Wharf,
London, E14 4HA
United Kingdom
Tel +44 (0)20 7719 4737
Fax +44 (0)20 7719 5345

mail to: ukirelandcustomercare@chevron.com

Chevron Limited. Registered in England and Wales (145197). Registered office 1 Westferry Circus, Canary Wharf, London, England, E14 4HA
Old 05 October 2007, 03:57 PM
ulsterscooby
Scooby Regular

Location: Way out in front!!, wheels spinnin, flame spittin, turbo spoolin!!! --- Go home love, nobody cares!

Seems that they just dont care or see a market for good fuel here

Ive just phoned the station manager to try and ensure that they will have High octane fuel available for the 14th as Junction 1 will be one of our staging points

waiting on a call back

Last edited by ulsterscooby; 05 October 2007 at 04:00 PM.
Old 05 October 2007, 05:48 PM
scubbay
Scooby Regular

I ALWAYS have it in stock ! Texaco supplied with very positive feedback. Maybe you could resyncronize and use my site?
Old 05 October 2007, 06:21 PM
brocks
Scooby Regular

Already have your site down as one of the fuel stops enroute mate LOL......look forward to seeing you participating after we buy all your fuel LOL
Old 05 October 2007, 09:00 PM
ustolemyname??stevieturbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ulsterscooby
Seems that they just dont care or see a market for good fuel here

Ive just phoned the station manager to try and ensure that they will have High octane fuel available for the 14th as Junction 1 will be one of our staging points

waiting on a call back

Its not that they dont care, its simple profit !!! I imagine its more profitable to have all their pumps full of UL fuel or diesel, as they are by far the biggest sellers.
In many cases we are lucky to get SUL over here at all. The fact that nearly every BP station carries Ultimate, is excellent.
Never actually tried Texaco myself, didnt even know there was any in Antrim, although Im rarely past J1

Im surprised Texaco dont own it....as it is more common for the big retailers to own the stations now, and employ managers instead of privately owned stations.

thats why virtually every shell, and now Esso stations are gone. These big names virtually pulled out of NI a few years ago ( well, Esso more recently )