Notices
View Poll Results: will the new model not be as recognisable to people?
it wont be
88.89%
it will be
11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

the thing i like most about subaru's

Search this Thread

Old 30 September 2007, 01:55 PM
bushiwarrior
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default the thing i like most about subaru's

Since my ownership of my car i have noticed that young kids mostly boys all seen to stop no matter what they are doing weather they are bahaving badly with their parents at the time,riding their bikes messing around with mates or just generally walking down the street and either pull their parents arm or say to their mates look theres a subaru.

Clearly to me these cars imho are the most recognised vehicles on the road and have an impact in some way with kids ideal vision of a fast sporty car.Today for instance which is only one example over the past months two kids were on a bmx, seen me coming towards them their eyes lit up with big smiles and gave me the thumbs up to which i replied back with the same.

Now to the point of this conversation how many people think that this will be lost to the new generation in the short term once the new fugly model is released to the masses?

Last edited by bushiwarrior; 30 September 2007 at 01:59 PM.
Old 30 September 2007, 02:25 PM
brocks
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know what you are saying after seeing the new press photo's, but when released, and with the STI/WRX kit on it, and a few nice mods, the new car COULD be as memorable as the present version......As long as they keep the flat four rumble, they cant do much wrong.............
Old 30 September 2007, 03:09 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by brocks
As long as they keep the flat four rumble, they cant do much wrong.............
Equal length headers
Old 30 September 2007, 05:54 PM
c0lin
Scooby Regular

i know exactly what you mean bushi! i was at tesco last nite an these 2 girls were outside it, an they were all "mr your cars class - can we have a go in it" - again thats just one example

I too think the new model won't be as recognisable!
Old 30 September 2007, 08:08 PM
fabiostar
Scooby Regular

Default ugly as sin

the new model.....good or bad it dont really matter,it just dosent look like it came from the same family ,

and bushi your rite..it dosent matter what year ,what model .what colour your car is..most ppl walking along the footpath turn there heads and have a look.

fabio
Old 30 September 2007, 08:11 PM
ulsterscooby
Scooby Regular

Location: Way out in front!!, wheels spinnin, flame spittin, turbo spoolin!!! --- Go home love, nobody cares!

Know what you mean mate had a little boy ( with his yummy mummy ) tell me my car was Beezer always have school kids stopping to take pics.
Personally though I think the new model is going to be just a popular we shall just wait and see
Old 30 September 2007, 08:27 PM
geoffo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mad555
Equal length headers
lol! very true

no matter weather der brand new or dinosours like mine ppl still stop and have a wee look, wen they do i neva lite it

Trending Topics

Old 30 September 2007, 08:47 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by c0lin
2 girls were outside it, an they were all "mr your cars class - can we have a go in it"
Jammy sod
Old 30 September 2007, 09:07 PM
bekee
Scooby Regular

well, ur gonna HATE me for this, but i think all the new shape scoobys rnt nice. at all. if i had the money 2 buy i brand new scoob, i wouldnt. i LOVEEEEEE the older shape. i think it has more character!!!!! sorry but thats my opinion. DONT HATE ME!
Old 30 September 2007, 09:25 PM
BEW
Scooby Regular

Wink

If the most important part of owning a car was attracting the interest of young boys I reckon I'd get booked in for some serious help ASAP!
Old 30 September 2007, 10:23 PM
5doorbullet
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bekee
well, ur gonna HATE me for this, but i think all the new shape scoobys rnt nice. at all. if i had the money 2 buy i brand new scoob, i wouldnt. i LOVEEEEEE the older shape. i think it has more character!!!!! sorry but thats my opinion. DONT HATE ME!

it's classic not older
Old 30 September 2007, 10:42 PM
bushiwarrior
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BEW
If the most important part of owning a car was attracting the interest of young boys I reckon I'd get booked in for some serious help ASAP!
lets make make this quite clear stop reading between the lines and making acusations your not qualified or have the sense to make, clearly this is in your mind as others have responded the way it was written and i do take offence at this maybe we can chat bout it next time we meet. Clearly you need the help if this is all you think about get a girl friend is my advice.
Old 30 September 2007, 10:56 PM
BEW
Scooby Regular

ROFL! Touched a nerve have I?

Personally I found the single most embarassing thing about "scooby" ownership was having school kids stop and take pics but then again I'll admit to being too old to hang around car parks after the shops have closed!

I'd also advise a course in 'net etiquette as usually means a slight pi$$ take or at least it does to me!
Old 30 September 2007, 11:03 PM
geoffo
Scooby Regular

i dont think any malace was intended here chaps after reading this and seeing both sides altho with all the stuff in the press i understand ppl are very defensive of remarks like that as would i...

i think we'll just leave it here, as a joke eh?
Old 30 September 2007, 11:07 PM
bushiwarrior
Scooby Regular

maybe your humor may be wasted on us mear mortals or is it just me. Again i found it very distastefull that your mind could turn a friendly debate into this but after reading some of your past posts its clear your no stranger to controversial comments on the site.
Old 30 September 2007, 11:20 PM
corserrep
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by BEW
I remember as a kid, drooling over Mk1 and Mk2 RS2000..... there was nothing seedy about the owners.....

Pity society has people thinking this way, over something as simple as an admiration for fast, great sounding cars...

As far as I'm concerned, it people like you, who even contemplate this being the attraction, who have a serious problem.....

So, either wise up, or shut the f**k up.......
Old 30 September 2007, 11:22 PM
c0lin
Scooby Regular

come on folks, drop it

back 2 topic..... yeah some people may find the attention embarrasing, but then others enjoy the attention!
Old 30 September 2007, 11:24 PM
bushiwarrior
Scooby Regular

well said mate maybe this guy shows up at meets in a rain coat easy to spot eh!!!
Old 01 October 2007, 11:51 AM
bekee
Scooby Regular

THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS SIMPLY AMAZING CARS GET NOTICED. BY EVERYONE. END OF. im well used 2 gettin attention in my dads cars when we went out together. me posing like there was no tomorow and bein absolutely GUTTED when i saw they werent payin attention 2 me!!!!(the guys that is!!) but fair play 2 daddy , he always had somethin that other people longed for. THIS IS WAS MADE HIM WHAT HE WAS. bloody brilliant! and may i say, the koolest daddy ever! (sounds childish but i dont care!). if i can have a small piece of that extrordinary pride that dad had with his cars ILL BE WELL CHUFFED! neways boys stop fightin bout stupid stuff. LIFES 2 SHORT.
Old 01 October 2007, 11:55 AM
bekee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by c0lin
come on folks, drop it

back 2 topic..... yeah some people may find the attention embarrasing, but then others enjoy the attention!
ANY1 thats says they dont buy a sub for the attention is lying!!!!! every1 wants 2 have somethin people drool over, should it be a car, a house, a partner AS LONG AS ITS WHAT U WANT! im gonna go and clean my oz's!
Old 01 October 2007, 01:38 PM
fabiostar
Scooby Regular

Default your rite

if we didnt want people to stand and stare at are cars we would all be driving around in golfs/focus or any number of other cars..

face it guys and girls...........we love it really.. .

memo to myself......must hang around tescos more often

fabio
Old 01 October 2007, 03:55 PM
ulsterscooby
Scooby Regular

Location: Way out in front!!, wheels spinnin, flame spittin, turbo spoolin!!! --- Go home love, nobody cares!

Originally Posted by BEW
Your a toss pot so have you come back to scooby driving or is it still the german oil burner

55 bj nice reg A3 tdi sport guess we will only ever see you in the rear view

Your 1st move after upsetting a forum member should have been to say sorry for offending him

Too old for hanging around car parks 32 yeah thats ancient must be kinda lonely sitting at home each night trolling forums to make snide comments.
Maybe you should like bushi says get a girl friend or at least get out and practice your people skills with real people

Any way we all know why we drive a Subaru you no longed do cause you couldn't afford it so until your able to talk about what we talk about about you would be better saying nothing.

Last edited by ulsterscooby; 01 October 2007 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01 October 2007, 08:20 PM
corserrep
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ulsterscooby
Your a toss pot so have you come back to scooby driving or is it still the german oil burner

Your 1st move after upsetting a forum member should have been to say sorry for offending him

Too old for hanging around car parks 32 yeah thats ancient must be kinda lonely sitting at home each night trolling forums to make snide comments.
Maybe you should like bushi says get a girl friend or at least get out and practice your people skills with real people

Any way we all know why we drive a Subaru you no longed do cause you couldn't afford it so until your able to talk about what we talk about about you would be better saying nothing.
Old 01 October 2007, 08:29 PM
bekee
Scooby Regular

corserrep theyr not stoppin at coleraine nemore. do u stil want 2 go? im gettin more additive from ken brown for the lotus
Old 01 October 2007, 08:54 PM
corserrep
Scooby Regular

Aye, I'll probably go anyway...... good job about the additive... see you soon
Old 01 October 2007, 10:11 PM
d_dublya
Scooby Regular

If I had the cash for a new sti, I'm afraid I would head in the new EvoX's direction. The new car is a hatchback. I would have kept my golf if a little hot hatch is what I wanted. The US model looks alot more promising.
Old 02 October 2007, 12:24 AM
fabiostar
Scooby Regular

Default lol

Originally Posted by ulsterscooby

pmsl

fabio
Old 03 October 2007, 09:05 PM
d_dublya
Scooby Regular

Seen the new scoob in Donnellys tonight, the non WRX sporty one. Roomy inside but as ugly as a focus. Its bound to well for them.