Notices

Anyone know anything about my car?

Search this Thread

Old 25 October 2006, 10:03 PM
pheunos
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know anything about my car?

Just bought an MY04 WRX in WR Blue with 18" gold Wolfrace alloys and a 'large' exhaust. Its a long shot, but has anyone come accross this car before or know of any mods I may have missed? It was originally sold in enniskillen but I've just bought it from Donnelly's in Boucher.
A couple of pics here:
Its my first scooby and I'm absolutely loving it by the way.

Last edited by pheunos; 17 January 2007 at 02:26 PM.
Old 27 October 2006, 10:39 PM
bazwrx300
Scooby Regular

how did you find donnellys, i had a bit of a nightmare with them, I handed one car back, drove their white demo for 3 weeks before finally getting a great STI. I dont think I would ever buy a car from them again, it all proved way to much hassle. If you dont mind, what did you pay? I think they are really expensive. My STI was on the forecourt for £18995 and after long arguements I got it for just over 16k. the first price was about £2k over what it should have been
Old 28 October 2006, 01:01 AM
Curtiz
Scooby Regular

i seen that scoob in donnellys a lot pheunos.
Old 29 October 2006, 07:00 PM
pheunos
Scooby Regular

I found donnellys to be ok, the car was a bit expensive before i haggled a bit, but you always expect to pay above the odds at a main dealer. They were a bit slow getting the warranty together for me but it finally came through.

I think i have an exhaust leak though, there are fumes in the cabin so i'll be taking it back this week to get sorted. I'll let you know how I get on with them after that.

Curtiz, when you say you saw it in donnellys a lot, do you think it was in for repair? The service history is fully stamped up, but none of the stamps are from donnellys. I hope i haven't bought a scrapper!
Old 01 November 2006, 11:31 PM
Curtiz
Scooby Regular

no, i assumed (and hope) it was just getting checked up or watever...i remember seeing it at the front when it was for sale (im pretty sure it was that one) and it looked really nice
Old 02 November 2006, 09:41 AM
pheunos
Scooby Regular

Thank god for that curtiz, you had me worried there for a minute! I've just droped it back over to Donnellys to have a few bits and pieces checked out - nothing serious. They've given me a 1.0 diahatsu sirion to use for the day - its a beast!
Old 02 November 2006, 02:57 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pheunos
Thank god for that curtiz, you had me worried there for a minute! I've just droped it back over to Donnellys to have a few bits and pieces checked out - nothing serious. They've given me a 1.0 diahatsu sirion to use for the day - its a beast!
Race YA

Trending Topics

Old 02 November 2006, 08:15 PM
Curtiz
Scooby Regular

^ lmao

that must be some drop in power! i reckon i could take ya in my corsa :P (if even lol)
Old 03 November 2006, 10:24 AM
pheunos
Scooby Regular

I reckon it'd be a good race - I saw the sark side of 90 in the sirion yesterday!

Donnelly's sorted the alignment and stuff on the scoob for me, its going great again.
Old 19 November 2006, 08:53 AM
johnnyt
Scooby Newbie

That was my car, sold to donnellys a few months ago, i bought that car totally standard at the start of the year of them, i put the high level spoiler on painted the cills, done the mudflaps, the car has a full de-cat including the up-pipe, walbro 255 fuel pump, sard fuel regulator fitted by east coast customs and set up on the rolling road by them, the car was putting out 251 bhp and was in great shape. you say you thought you had an exhaust leak, i had this problem to, kept blowing the gasket at the bottom of the up-pipe where it connects to the manifold pipe. all these parts are new, covered less than a 1000 miles, i have the original wrx exhaust pipe with an sti rear silencer, this is for sale £150, you will need this for a mot in january 08, if your intrested give me a call on 07717502275, johnny
Old 19 November 2006, 09:02 AM
johnnyt
Scooby Newbie

ps this car was for sale on here in sept, down at the bottom of the ireland threads
Old 21 November 2006, 09:42 AM
pheunos
Scooby Regular

Nice one Johnny, thanks for that, I'm really pleased with the car - its a credit to you. I think I'll leave the exhaust if you don't mind, I probably won't keep the car for more than a year or so so MOT shouldn't be a problem. Do you know what make the exhaust is that you have fitted? I can't see any branding on it anywhere. The only one I've been able to find that looks anything like it is a japspeed one. I've read that the leaking up-pipe can be fixed by fitting 3 gaskets so I might give that a go.

By the way, what did you replace the car with? I have no idea what to get next. Theres got to be very little that can touch it for the money..

Thanks again for the info,

Phil.
Old 21 November 2006, 05:42 PM
johnnyt
Scooby Newbie

i bought the exhaust of ebay, it was from a company that makes ther own, not to sure of there name, gave near £400 for it and as i said done less than a 1000 miles on it, the sard fuel regulator and setup cost me £450 in east coast customs in lisburn, it has a green panel filter, its a pretty quick wrx, theres a baffel in the boot beside the jack for the exhaust if it gets to loud for you, it just screw into the tail pipe, 2 little allen bolts.
I changed it for a renault master van and a new suzuki rmz 450 motocross bike, missed racing so the subaru had to go.

all the best with the new motor.