Notices

Cork Shows

Search this Thread

Old 03 August 2001, 09:07 PM
Mac's Power
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys,
I'm just back from holidays. Sorry I missed Punchestown...looks like a great day was had by all.

Many thanks to the guys that came to show their cars at the Clonakility and Cosrk RS shows last week and many thanks for all the help in setting up and manning the stand during 2 scorching days.

The Clonakility show was run by the very helpful Niall O'Sullivan and the day was a great success. Over £10,000 was raised for charity on the day. About 7 Subaru's turned up which was more than expected. Many thanks to Eoghan, Maurice, Keith, David and all the others who I'm forgetting to mention. The highlight of the day was seeing a Ferari 360 Modena in the flesh. I had a long chat with the owner and the best line I've ever heard is when i asked him how much it cost.......He said "I never asked the price.I just ordered it"..........Someday guys Another interesting one was a Citron Saxo hot rod with a WRX engine in it. Great turn out by the Mini Club with the RS club and the VW club among others in attendance.

The Cork RS Club show run by Rob Virgo was also a great day. This time we even had about 15 cars on display. Once again many thanks to the Usual Suspects for all the help. Congratulations to Pat with his excellently turned out Subaru Impreza 1.6 on winning the best car on the Subaru Stand. Perhaps you would like to follow this one up Rob and let us know how you got on?

It was great to meet many of you again and I hope to see you all in the near future.

Paul.
ISDC Event Organiser.
Old 18 October 2001, 03:44 PM
robb virgo
Scooby Newbie

paul,

thanks to all the subaru owners who travelled down for the day.we made over £6000 on the day for the breast care unit at the south infirmary hospital in cork.over 200 cars were present and we had more through the gate than the professionally organised punchstown event.plenty of trade stands kept people busy and music was great from local station KISS FM.
this was originally an rs day showing over 100 models from the range but several clubs participated also inc. opel club of cork,ferraris,porche club of ireland,vw owners and the jap boys to name a few.
CAB Motors supported the Cork RS Owners Club in hosting the second show in Cork.I decided to open the event to other car clubs after the intrest last year and it paid off.
if any owners did not get a small plaque commemorating the day i will pass them on.

hope to see more cars next may and we will be taking club bookings soon.if you want more info give me a mail.

lots of suprises planned ???????????????????????????

cheeRS

ROB V
Old 23 October 2001, 08:52 PM
steve_d
Scooby Regular

sorry to intrude on this thread...I need you to write me paul.

I need a price on some STi 17" wheels for the new MY WRX. 2001 for you guys, 2002 for us. write to steve_d33@hotmail.com they're for a customer

hope all's well, and hope that holiday hasn't left you knackered.

steve