Notices

Mondello Video

Search this Thread

Old 30 June 2001, 03:46 AM
TURBO7379
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've just been looking at some camcorder footage my sister took at Mondello . There are some excellent shots . I've got a P1 passing someone at the first hairpin and some excellent shots of a blue impreza with silver wheels raising clouds of dust at the double apex corner and then getting it sideways at the right / left chicane .

Paul , your brake lights seem to work intermittently or maybe you just weren't braking . It seemed to happen when you were stuck behind somebody ( usually me ) . You should take up stock car racing where this technique is used regularly . You just use the car in front to slow you down !

I'll bring the tape along to Kirkiston and maybe someone can put a name to the cars .

Derek
Old 30 June 2001, 09:20 AM
Mac's Power
Scooby Regular

Hi Derek,
This is briliant!!! We plan to do a track day video compiled of Mondello and Kirkistown. We already have an in car video of the same blue car and it's very funny to watch. He was running on snow tyres and doing everything wrong and was still going faster than everyone else!!! It's good to watch from inside the car as he throws it into the corners on the wrong line...lifts the handbrake to put it sideways .......and then full opposite lock from side to side to get it back.....More of a rally driver than a race driver!!

I think a copy of your incar video and the one your silter took would be a very valuable asset to the track video if we could have a copy Derek?

Paul.
Old 02 July 2001, 01:11 AM
davy b
Scooby Regular

Talking

the p1 belongs to me, i had a great day at mondello, would love to see the video. will be going to the next mondello day for sure.
davy b.