I can never have any luck!!

Search this Thread

Old 07 April 2001, 06:09 PM
Mac's Power
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Not again I hear you say.

While parked in the car park of the Newpark Hotel in kilkenny last night some scubbags did damage to my car.

It is severely scraped all over the bonnet and scoop either with a key or something to that effect. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!!

Anyway, does anyone know how I stand from a legal point of view with regards to the Hotel. I was a guest in the hotel and parked in their offical car park. Unfortunately there were no camera's present. I didn't report it until I got home as I didn't notice the damage until then as I approached the car from the rear when I got into it. the manager was sympathetic and is going to phone me tomorrow.

SCUMBAGS .......that word doesn't even cover it.

Paul.
Old 07 April 2001, 06:20 PM
NAF
Support Scoobynet!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Sorry to hear this Mac...little scumbags or jealous pr1cks...one or the other
Makes me so pissed off...
Old 07 April 2001, 06:25 PM
Andy W
Scooby Regular

I cannot understand what motivates these tossers to do this sort of ****.

Paul I am sorry to hear about this,

Andy
Old 07 April 2001, 06:57 PM
Scruff
Scooby Regular

Futher Mucking Ba5tards

Paul, you don't seem to be having a good run of luck lately. Give me a shout as I may know someone who may be able to sort the damage reasonably.

Alan
Old 08 April 2001, 01:04 AM
TURBO7379
Scooby Regular

I think we should be allowed to wire the car up to the mains to prevent this happening . Lucky they didn't stuff something up the exhaust . I suppose they didn't have a turnip handy .
Old 08 April 2001, 02:35 AM
Mac's Power
Scooby Regular

Question

I had the damage estimated at around £300 for a bonnet respray. Anyone know if I have any comeback on the hotel for this?

BTW thanks for your sympathies,

Paul.
Old 08 April 2001, 09:02 AM
Subaru Ireland
Scooby Newbie

Angry

Hi Paul,
You probably are aware of this already but did the Hotel car park have a sign posted in it saying "Cars Parked At Owners Risk" (which they usually do) this is a legally binding contract which anyone parking in it would unfortunately have entered into but if it did not ... sue away.

Sorry to hear about this unnecessary damage!
Let me know if you ever need a 24 hour car security guard!!
Joe.

Trending Topics

Old 09 April 2001, 10:15 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

"Cars parked at owner risk" signs are just a fob off (unless they have loads of signs with back lighting etc, the can't show that you could have been reasonably expected to see one.) There is a good chance that the hotels third party liability insurance will cover this. However, if the damage is 300 quid and they say they are not covering it it may not be worth your while fighting with them for months or going to court to recover the cost.
Old 09 April 2001, 01:31 PM
Mac's Power
Scooby Regular

I spoke to the general manager this morning. He was very nice and very surprised at the incident. He explained that their insurance would not cover the car unless it was the hotel's fault ie: something fell off the hotel and hit my car.

I enquired further ito this and it turn out that if i bring the hotel to court i would probably win as the signs are rubbish and only there to make you think you can't claim. The manager has offered me 2 weekend and meals as a gesture because of the trouble and I'm inclined to accept. i have my car booked in to get resprayed already as it bugs me the way it is.

Paul.

Old 12 April 2001, 02:20 PM
Subaru Ireland
Scooby Newbie

Hey,
Good to hear you got some kind of comeback! although I know that it is no 300 pounds.

I didn't mean to sound too negative earlier it's just what I learnt in Law lectures in my first year in University. And that "sue away" part was meant as a joke which no one seemed to get.

So did the cost still stand at 300 pounds? and do you know how much it would cost to get a back bumper resprayed?
Joe.