Notices

Rite guys

Search this Thread

Old 19 June 2002, 12:19 AM
kungfu
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is there no interest of all the lads wanting to meet up somewhere in the north...somebody must want to show off their SCOOBY!!!
COME ON
Old 19 June 2002, 02:14 AM
ustolemyname??stevieturbo
Scooby Regular

Show...na... Race... YEA We need some good street racin, too many chickens out there. Just a good simple straight line drag, nuthin too mad like cross country. I luv a good race
Most of the posers out there in their Evo's and Subarus are too poncy to race. WHY??? whats the point of buyin a performance car, just to speed in and around the towns, goin whoosh whoosh with their big dump valves.. Are they all that scared of gettin smoked in their pose mobile.. RACE RACE!

[Edited by ustolemyname??stevieturbo - 6/19/2002 2:16:20 AM]
Old 19 June 2002, 11:14 AM
Vans
Scooby Regular

Wink

Just for you ustolemyname??stevieturbo

LOL
Old 19 June 2002, 01:56 PM
rb5turbo
Scooby Newbie

Talking

@ ustolemyname??stevieturbo

KungFu What were u thinkn on

[Edited by rb5turbo - 6/19/2002 1:58:03 PM]
Old 19 June 2002, 08:05 PM
Scooby Regular

Well, OK then, lets all buy ( semi ) fast cars, spend money tuning them, and drive like fruits. SO many people when you challenge them to a race ( again, a simple straight line blast ) run and hide, behind things like..O I dont want to lose my license...!, after which they speed off as fast as they can in a 30, going whoosh whoosh.. And they said they dont want to lose their license??? ****** like that who drive like that in 30/40 zones should lose their license. If you just want to show your car, buy a corsa, and stick a stupid looking body kit, big stereo, quadruple fake exhausts ( DTM of course ), Sparco, seat belt covers, Huge sunstrips, paint it an even dafter colour. Then phone Max Spoof, to tell them about your 1000cc monster!!!!! ( with a K & N )
Whatever happend to the Sunday night races??
Old 19 June 2002, 08:34 PM
bug-eyed wonder
Scooby Regular

Whatever happend to the Sunday night races??
For me these ended when I grew up!
Seriously though I've had my day of road racing when I was younger and uglier! I don't know exactly what sort of racing you have in mind but in cars capable of 150+ I honestly prefer to have a blast on my own, start putting these things against each other on the road and the only result will eventually be a cop out with a bucket and shovel scooping someone up!
If you have something different in mind by all means post up for discussion.

In answer to the original post, I've asked this before but the main problem is there are so few of us on here. The last time I was at Performance Subaru in Coleraine I mentioned meets etc to Jonathan but he had previously tried to arrange a photoshoot for Carsport and most ended up not appearing or having reasons not to.

By all means if someone wants to try and get something started lets give it a go, just watch out for that eejit Stevieturbo (only jokin)
Old 20 June 2002, 11:32 AM
SUNDAY DRIVER
Scooby Regular

Wtf's the crack in racing in a straight line?You wanna do that-buy a dragster.
Old 20 June 2002, 07:19 PM
Scooby Regular

Straight line racing.... Obviously you have never had a car with enough power then to understand how you can get a buzz from simple straight line racing. Its not how much money have you or daddy so he can fix your car after crashing it on a back road. Some people who drive have a few less brain cells than others, and while I do enjoy a back road blast, I have raced too many ********* who take unneccessary risks, just to try and stay ahead, simply because their car is slower. I dont want to be responsible for pushing someone too hard, and causing them to crash. I also do not have the money to repair my car if I crash it, or do not want to risk myself, or passengers, or other road users from idiotic racing on roads where there is simply not the room. Farm animals, tractors, crap on the road.... Back road racing is for ********* who dont know any better. I love cars, and love racing..but a straight line, for cars that can do around 150, is the sensible option ( well, more sensible, if not a truly sensible option )
I have grew up too and progressed onto slighlty faster cars, but I just love the adrenalin rush, of racing an beating people. If there was a drag strip or similar here, Id be there. As it is, I get the occasional track day, where you just get held up every lap by slow twin cams, whose owners think they are rockets. Then if you pass them, the organizers cry and yell at you.
Maybe more track days are the answer, its just I dont have the inclination to become an organizer of such an event. If I was organizing, I probably wouldnt have the time to drive at it. And the limited number of tracks here is unfortunate too. Nutts corner is OK, Kirkiston is way too wide and open B O R I N G. Havent been to a track day at Bishopscourt yet.

[Edited by ustolemyname??stevieturbo - 6/20/2002 7:22:07 PM]
Old 20 June 2002, 08:18 PM
SUNDAY DRIVER
Scooby Regular

Smile

Fair enough I suppose!(And you're right,I have never had a car fast enough to get a buzz out of straight line racing).
SD
Old 20 June 2002, 08:23 PM
SUNDAY DRIVER
Scooby Regular

Oh,And what I can remember of Bishopscourt it is about twice as wide as Kirkistown and has the sorest surface on tyres known to man!
Old 21 June 2002, 11:57 PM
kungfu
Scooby Regular

back road stagin'...not racin, but your right, it's dangerous.
i was at missile a couple of months ago (i think max power were over), and we done some drag racin, about 1/4 mile stretch...awesome crack...M3 chipped, Legacy turbo, supercharged twin-cam, 205 Mi-16, WRX impreza
so who's for meetin up...coleraine,portstewart ???
COME ON lets get somethin organised
Old 22 June 2002, 03:07 PM
Scooby Regular

It wasnt a 1/4 mile at all, but still great crack all the same...Cars only just geting out of second gear...3rd would have ended up in the sea. The turnout there was great, as was the atmosphere. If we could get something like that organized, with people who will actually race, in a safe enviroment, it would be great. Things like Aghadooey, quite frankly, were crap. To ask someone £10 a head, + a further £10 a car is a total ripp off Anyone who went to that need their head examined. I weent to the frist, and was bored to tears, by the twin cam girlies. 5 minutes of donuts is ok, but over an gour of the same thing..no thanks. And not surprising, anyone with a good car, would be mad to take it round that crappy old oval, as my friend discovered in his P1, by getting 2 punctures. The legacy at millisle was me mates Funny why everybody stopped racing??? The gimp in the MR2 with "450bhp" despite bieng called chicken and various other things, just would not race...was he scared of gettin smoked?? Him and the guy with the Evo 7. Surely someone must be up for a race with the legacy???
Old 22 June 2002, 09:50 PM
SUNDAY DRIVER
Scooby Regular

What do u drive stevieturbo?
Old 22 June 2002, 11:41 PM
Scooby Regular

Daily car, is 525tds, but have a UK 92 legacy turbo estate, 79 granada, and a mini. I Like me cars
Old 23 June 2002, 04:57 PM
kungfu
Scooby Regular

stevie turbo.... i raced your mates legacy, and he only started to pull me in once i hit third gear, i was in the white type-r
i was champing 3rd gear every time...depends what car your in

so where will we all meet
Old 25 June 2002, 10:12 PM
Sloaner
Scooby Regular

Its not really my scene but there is a max power type meeting in Portrush this Sunday. Maybe we could meet up here Kungfu. Im going to put in an appearance but I think I`ll park well out of the way of all the mad men. Last year the cops had a busy time booking boys. I enjoy watching the twin cam guys - wouldnt give my car that much abuse though.
Maybe we could meet up earlier and head round together.
How about the car park in under the arch at Metropole in Portrush. What time suits everyone.
Old 25 June 2002, 11:56 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Lets do something!
Old 26 June 2002, 12:21 AM
mad555
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

What about meeting up at Lurgan Park Rally on 6th July???
Old 26 June 2002, 02:02 AM
Scooby Regular

As I said, just into 3rd gear. Cant really count for much of a race really, as there simply wasnt enough room to get up to any speed. I do recall you jumped the start a little too.
When/Where is there another track day???? Its the best way to hav fun safe, altho it can be sore on tyres etc...
Old 26 June 2002, 08:44 AM
Hong Kong Phooey
Scooby Regular

mad555, could be wrong but heard Lurgan Park's changed to 24th August. Anyone confirm?
Old 26 June 2002, 06:07 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

The Ulster rally is on the 24th August.Lurgan Park according to Newsletter is on the 6th of July.
Old 26 June 2002, 08:02 PM
kungfu
Scooby Regular

under the arch sounds good on sun nite (metrepole), try and come as many as poss...wot time then boyz...about 7
Old 26 June 2002, 09:35 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Kungfu has a good idea here lets try and show a bit of interest instead of talking about it!!
Old 27 June 2002, 03:10 PM
kungfu
Scooby Regular

good man, where u from by the way mate......il bring as many folk with scoobies as i know of, i think sloaner will go to
Old 27 June 2002, 03:28 PM
Sloaner
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yip 7 suits me - looking forward to it.
Old 27 June 2002, 07:17 PM
kungfu
Scooby Regular

good man, come on the rest of ye...i have a mate with a uk300 and another with a p1, they should be along too
Old 27 June 2002, 10:05 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

I'm from Ballymena,posted about organising meets on SIDC
Old 27 June 2002, 10:09 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

Anyone know any good scooby tuners???with or without rolling roads over hear??
Old 27 June 2002, 10:41 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

Cool

Lets have a roll call for sunday,if goin reply with scooby details so we know wot & wot not to expect.Me first then:-
96 WRX
Also include your route to see if we can have ourselves a convoy!!!
Old 28 June 2002, 03:53 PM
kungfu
Scooby Regular

97 sti type-r

Quick Reply: Rite guys