Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Extending seat rails on Hawkeye``

Search this Thread

Old 14 December 2013, 05:56 PM
FuZzBoM
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Extending seat rails on Hawkeye``

Hi all, I can't get comfortable in my Hawkeye.. I have the seat all the way back and I feel a little extra would be nice. I am largish chap (6'3 and 17 stone)
Is there any way to possibly extend to give me a little more leg room? I have adjusted up and tilted etc but no position helps. I have twice gotten cramp in my calf of my right leg whilst sitting in traffic. Been driving cars and riding motorcycles for many years and never had that before.
I have realised the angle my right foot is at is causing this as I have to angle my right foot rather high.

Any thoughts welcomed.
Old 27 December 2013, 08:05 PM
Davec30
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FuZzBoM
Hi all, I can't get comfortable in my Hawkeye.. I have the seat all the way back and I feel a little extra would be nice. I am largish chap (6'3 and 17 stone)
Is there any way to possibly extend to give me a little more leg room? I have adjusted up and tilted etc but no position helps. I have twice gotten cramp in my calf of my right leg whilst sitting in traffic. Been driving cars and riding motorcycles for many years and never had that before.
I have realised the angle my right foot is at is causing this as I have to angle my right foot rather high.

Any thoughts welcomed.
Have you thought about buddy club seat rails? These lower you seating possition and might give you that little extra leg room you need!

Not cheap though at about £150 a seat!!
Old 27 December 2013, 11:58 PM
FuZzBoM
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Davec30
Have you thought about buddy club seat rails? These lower you seating possition and might give you that little extra leg room you need!

Not cheap though at about £150 a seat!!
Hi, thanks for the reply. I have seen them seat rails before but am unsure if they will fit the original seats or just after market seats?
I have found that adjusting the seat height up rather than down is better.. I guess that makes sense as I would in theory be slightly further from the floor and in turn the pedals?
Old 28 December 2013, 12:49 AM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FuZzBoM
I have found that adjusting the seat height up rather than down is better.. I guess that makes sense as I would in theory be slightly further from the floor and in turn the pedals?
The angle of attack on the pedals makes a massive difference for me - i dont think i could drive a BRZ, RX8, Viper
Old 28 December 2013, 12:28 PM
Davec30
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you can get them for standard seats but I see your point in the hight thing. I was thinking of a guy at work who is about 6'6" and about 19 stone. Sometimes he has to drive the company focus and he has to put the seat to the floor and right back to get in it and drive!

I think putting the seat down in a focus also puts it back even further!!
Old 30 December 2013, 12:39 AM
JamesDundee
Scooby Regular

I'm not a tall lad but I'm fussy, and I get sore legs in cars as I prefer to have the seat as low as possible. I found when sitting like this it was lifting my legs off the seat so the backs of my thighs near the knee had little to no support. Raising the seat, like you said, actually helped me.
Old 30 December 2013, 05:01 PM
FuZzBoM
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JamesDundee
I'm not a tall lad but I'm fussy, and I get sore legs in cars as I prefer to have the seat as low as possible. I found when sitting like this it was lifting my legs off the seat so the backs of my thighs near the knee had little to no support. Raising the seat, like you said, actually helped me.
I think the fact us European ppl are a bit more hefty than our Japanese counterparts might have something to do with it
For me I have found having the seat just a smidge from highest setting and all the way back suits me the most. If it were to go back about another inch it would be perfect.
Old 17 February 2014, 03:59 PM
sens3i
Scooby Regular

I am in the same boat bud, im 6'6" but have size 17 feet. Pedal box is so small and the seat rail in my classic just doesnt go back far enough for me (Cramp is a daily affair). So i have resorted to taking the seat and rail out and having it modified to slide back a further 3-4 inches.. Hopefully that will sort it. Failing that ill have a custom rail made up in a fixed position.
Old 17 February 2014, 04:16 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

i too suffer with a cramped driving experience (6ft 9" and 27 stone with size 18 feet) so i would like to see how people get on with this.i never even thought about buddy club rails
Old 17 February 2014, 06:42 PM
FuZzBoM
Scooby Regular

Christ.. Maybe I should stop moaning and get on with it lol.. I am a mere dwarf in comparison to you 2.

I had a good look around mine the other day, I think someone has already modified it slightly. With both drivers and passengers seats in fully back position the drivers seat is slightly further back.
I then looked at the rails and can see an open hole on the passenger one but this was filled on drivers one. sureley they are not like that as standard?

Does anyone know if the buddy club rails will fit the standard seat?