Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

My new seats!

Search this Thread

Old 11 April 2013, 10:05 PM
Davec30
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My new seats!

They are in need of a clean but they look good!

Last edited by Davec30; 11 April 2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old 12 April 2013, 10:40 AM
CMSSCOOB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Were these a straight fit mate or did you bolt on the classic runners? The bottom of my seat has broke in my classic and these look like a nice change to the classic STI seats.
Old 12 April 2013, 11:31 AM
Davec30
Scooby Regular

Bolt straight in however they do sit a tad higher than the classic seats especially the passenger side. There's a set for sale on eBay now, as is my old seats
Old 12 April 2013, 12:56 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Can you live with the high seating position? I didn't like it and bought some STi v6 seats instead.
Old 12 April 2013, 12:58 PM
drfeelgood
Scooby Regular

Look good dave , these are the seats I want for my newage wrx which currently have the blue sti seats in but being a black car they don't suit so I'm looking for the black sti seats , how much of your hard earned cash did you pay ?
Old 12 April 2013, 02:41 PM
Firez34
Scooby Regular

Hi Dave could I ask a quick question, When you fitted the seats how did you center the rails did you slide them all the way back or all the way to the front before you bolted them in. Reason why I ask I bought a set for my wagon and I can't get the drivers seat level it points slightly to the right and I'm scratching my head fella. Had it out 3 or 4 times now but it always goes in the same. The donor car wasn't in a smash it was broke due to the usual bottom end failure and I did see the car when I fetched them so I don't think the seat is twisted. Your's look great fitted mate, took us a few runs to get used to the height but we are well happy with them now.
Old 12 April 2013, 02:51 PM
Davec30
Scooby Regular

I've only had them in for 2 days and only driven about 2 miles so not quite sure on living with the height difference however I did notice the spring on the bottom of the front seats have been pulled meaning they sit a bit lower than they probably should. I seem this way of lowering them in another thread and was going to do it but as it was done....

My seats were 300 plus 50 delivered including the back. There is a mark on the driver seat that I can't get off but can live with. The back bench isn't the best but again I can live with it.

When I put the driver side in it was fine but the passenger side wasn't so I took it out and slid it all the way back lining the rails up, it went in no problem after that!

They do look good:-)
Old 12 April 2013, 03:08 PM
Firez34
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Davec30
I've only had them in for 2 days and only driven about 2 miles so not quite sure on living with the height difference however I did notice the spring on the bottom of the front seats have been pulled meaning they sit a bit lower than they probably should. I seem this way of lowering them in another thread and was going to do it but as it was done....

My seats were 300 plus 50 delivered including the back. There is a mark on the driver seat that I can't get off but can live with. The back bench isn't the best but again I can live with it.

When I put the driver side in it was fine but the passenger side wasn't so I took it out and slid it all the way back lining the rails up, it went in no problem after that!

They do look good:-)
Thanks for the quick reply mate I now know what I'm doing wrong your a star.

Last edited by Firez34; 12 April 2013 at 03:11 PM.