Twisted Drivers Seat

Search this Thread

Old 17 March 2013, 07:28 PM
Wellsaline
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twisted Drivers Seat

Hello,

I have a 2005 WRX SL wagon. I have only had it for a couple of weeks and not driven it too much since getting it (it's mostly my wife's car).

I took it down to Leicester on Friday and noticed that the seat felt a bit twisted. When you look at the seats from the rear of the vehicle (with the boot open) you can see the drivers seat leans to the middle of the car. It is also touching the centre console (unlike the passenger seat which has a gap). You don't notice it at first but on a long journey it is quite apparent.

My question is it possible the adjust how the seat is sitting in the car? Or bend the frame back (if that has bent)? Or I am better looking for a second one from a car being broken?

Cheers in advance
Mark
Old 17 March 2013, 08:27 PM
g7prs
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would remove the four bolts that hold the seat in place then slide it fully back and make sure the runner on each side is all the way back.
Old 19 March 2013, 10:47 PM
romford-boy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No idea about your car, but my mates Focus ST had this. Turned out that a bar that helped brace the seat had twisted and snapped, it meant that when ever he adjusted the height of the seat it started to twist.

He was able to repair it himself with a new bar, a mate, a maintenance manual and a spare saturday morning.