Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Classic wagon rear seats

Search this Thread

Old 20 September 2011, 02:49 PM
nickmoses
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic wagon rear seats

Just bought my Wagon as a family car yet the person i bought it off failed to tell me he'd decided to 'Cable tie' the rear seats from a saloon into the wagon.
Lovely and safe for my newborn then!!
Just wondering if i have to look for only classic shape scooby rear seats or can i fit newer wagon rear seats in?

Many Thanks
Old 21 September 2011, 09:10 PM
SubbyG00n
Scooby Regular

I don't know the answer mate but i would like to add a question for when someone in the know answers this cos i'm not having much luck with my searches...

I have a Classic '99 UK Wagon and i think the seats are rather uncomfortable, my old Primera with leather interior was much nicer. Just wondering if someone could tell me basically what nickmoses is also asking. What seats could i fit into my classic wagon to make it more comfy?
Old 21 September 2011, 10:23 PM
LegacySTi
Scooby Regular

Have a genuine Subaru leather trim from classic wagon there
Old 21 September 2011, 10:36 PM
SubbyG00n
Scooby Regular

So the Classic Wagons had leather trim as optional extra? ...and that is what you have for sale?
Think Dublin's a bit too far for me like TBH tho. I was wondering what my choices were i.e. do i need to get one from a classic wagon or will later models fit and must they be from a wagon also?
Old 23 September 2011, 03:42 PM
nickmoses
Scooby Regular

SubbyG00n they have to be from a wagon and not a saloon as the catches on the rear seats are different, hence the issue i have from the previous owner who thought it was ok to 'Cable tie' the rears in!
As far as im aware the fronts are interchangable between wagon and saloon and also model wise ie bug/hawk eye.
However i would also like to know if the bug/hawk eye rear wagon seats would fit in a classic wagon.
Plus are the door cards the same aswell? ie. will classic 5door cards fits a wagon?
Legacy STi i love your leather seats for sale you have, but i just cant afford them at the moment with a newborn on the way i think the other half would shoot me!!
Old 23 September 2011, 03:52 PM
SubbyG00n
Scooby Regular

Thanks nick.
I would also like to know about the door cards. Will NewAge door cards fit classic wagon?
Old 23 September 2011, 03:54 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

To be fair the clips that hold the rear of the bench in are pretty lame anyway. It presents no real danger to your newborn given the belt is the thing keeping them safe. If it were me and I were concerned about a cars safety I wouldn't have bought a classic wagon tbh you get hit in one of these and your pretty fooked.

I would source a rear bench if possible but as an alternative you could use metal cable ties which are going to be much preferable
Old 23 September 2011, 03:54 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

As far as seats are concerned, you can certainly FIT the seats off newage cars into the classic, right up to, and maybe including, those off the hatch.

However, be careful: I've read many posts on here from people who have fitted newage seats, then either found them LESS comfortable than the classic ones, or that they seem to ride too high, or both

Can I suggest you find some cars for sale and sit in a few seats, then find some the same for sale from a scrappers, for example?

AFAIK, wagon doorcards are the same as the saloon, so long as the car is 4-door. The ones from newage cars DO NOT fit classics, nor do early classic cards fit later ones. It's a minefield.

Best to find some and post a link, someone will tell you if they fit, or not.

Last edited by alcazar; 25 September 2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old 23 September 2011, 04:05 PM
nickmoses
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys that clears up alot of confusion for me. Much appreciated.
Old 24 September 2011, 03:56 PM
SubbyG00n
Scooby Regular

right. cheers alcazar