Boot linings

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2011, 10:11 PM
Scoobyno1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boot linings

Hi guys,

Just wondering if you could help with my query? I have bought a 2002 bugeye and it looks as if the spoiler has been leaving through the bolt holes. Now, the water staining looks quite back and it has quite a smell so was wondering if someone could tell me if any of the newer shape imprezas have the same shape boot?

I would be in need of a new floor carpet and the carpet that goes up inside the inner wings. Or, would they be better bought from a main dealer, if so any ideas on the sorts of prices i would be looking at?

Thanks for any help.
Old 13 September 2011, 12:01 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

First off, is it STILL leaking?

Placing clean kitchen roll below where you THINK the leaks are is good, one drop shows up well. Best to cure it first: if it's the spoiler, have it off and reseal using Carafax grey arouind all holes before refitting DO NOT use silicone or Tiger Seal/Sika Flex, not if you ever want it off again, that is

The side carpets? ARE they carpet, or a sort of stiff plasticky stuff with like carpet on one side? If it's the latter, have 'em out and wash them, they come up good. Soft scrubbing brush and any household cleaner, NOT bleach.

The boot carpet can be treated likewise, I've done mine, on a good day it will dry over a washing line, but needs four pegs to hold it when wet. Don't dry it folded, or bent, try to use more pegs and grip the very edge. Or use a natural fold if there is one.

Cheaper than buying new, comes up nice.

While it's out, remove everything from the boot, spare wheel, tools, jack, etc.
Check carefully down any areas that could hold water, like below where the jack fits, and in the spare wheel well.

Clean out and either dry with paper towels, or wash, THEN dry. Leave boot open all day to air. A piece of tape over the boot light switch saves the battery Spray with Febreze if it still smells after airing.