Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Centre dash 'creak' - calling Yorkie

Search this Thread

Old 23 April 2002, 04:14 PM
mashwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Yorkie, dont 'spose you have experience of an annoying creak/rattle from under the center dash clock removable panel on MY01 ? Definitely not the panel as I have removed with no affect. I think it might be the windscreen demister/heater ducting, but would welcome and experience/cure from the 'noise master'...
I have seem other threads complaining of a similar noise, but not seen any definite cures/prognosis yet.

cheers
Old 23 April 2002, 08:30 PM
Yorkie
Scooby Regular

Mashwrx,

I tried to recreate the noise you describe on my car by moving the clock housing and mine does indeed creak Try applying some silicone based cleaner (ie back to black) in copious quantities along the seam of this housing. You can do this by spraying the can into the cap to collect a few cc's then "pour it around the junction and wipe with a cloth. Failing that try pushing small pieces of soft rubber cut into small strips into the heating vent surrounds etc.

You will be surprised how many creaks you can cure just by lubricating dried out plastic trim though.

Yorkie
Old 24 April 2002, 09:14 AM
mashwrx
Scooby Regular

Smile

sound theory regarding dry plastic trim etc, makes sense when you think about it!

look's like a tub of goose fat, or failing that can of PTFE spray is in order....!!

Cheers mate