Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

tweed looking interior

Search this Thread

Old 02 September 2010, 02:23 PM
slight_problem
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tweed looking interior

as above just managed to finally get my hands on a decent sport, after having mine written off just before xmas,

now mechanically the car is wicked and drives like a dream but no so much on the cosmetic side, but i did only pay 1k for it with the view of putting my own stamp on it.

its a 1996 sport with some funky looking tweed interior, will any classic interior be just a straight swop. ie seats and door cards, im not too fussed about the door cards as i can get my aunite to re-upholster them for me.

iv seen some seats on piston heads front and back for £150 they look in good condition too. will it just be a case of taking the new seats with the rails and just bolting them into my car

also the chap i brought it off spayed all of interior plastics white, not really a good job and not really to my taste, any ideas how i can get rid off this??? or would it just be better to buy some and replace them??

cheers for your time ben
Old 03 September 2010, 12:02 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Hmmmm, seats are easy, virtually ANY Scoob seats will FIT, the ones off newage cars tend to sit a little high though, and the ones out of classics are starting to look tired. Spend some time searching for the right ones

Door cards are another story. The design changed around 1997, so that the fit between the top of the doorcard and the dash panel was different, making early ones NOT interchangeable with the later ones. The design then changed again with newage cars.

As for the white spray, I'd advise you to remove a small panel, of which you can get a replacement, then look at maybe using some paint remover, Nitromors?????? but ASK a decent paintshop for advice, since paint solvents will often attack the plastic too.

Might be easier to approach a breaker and get some new bits
Old 03 September 2010, 12:02 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Hmmmm, seats are easy, virtually ANY Scoob seats will FIT, the ones off newage cars tend to sit a little high though, and the ones out of classics are starting to look tired. Spend some time searching for the right ones

Door cards are another story. The design changed around 1997, so that the fit between the top of the doorcard and the dash panel was different, making early ones NOT interchangeable with the later ones. The design then changed again with newage cars.

As for the white spray, I'd advise you to remove a small panel, of which you can get a replacement, then look at maybe using some paint remover, Nitromors?????? but ASK a decent paintshop for advice, since paint solvents will often attack the plastic too.

Might be easier to approach a breaker and get some new bits