Seats/Doorcard Question for MY99 Classic

Search this Thread

Old 11 March 2010, 10:20 PM
_KENDO_
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seats/Doorcard Question for MY99 Classic

Alright Dudes,

Thought id ask you guys and see if you can put me right. Im not a fan of the Dark blue and grey colour combination you get in most classic shape non STi Turbo's seats and interiors. Fine if you have a Blue or black exterior painted car, but don't think it looks good on Red, Green, Silver etc.

Did they ever do a black and grey interior? If so are these rare and hard to find?

I seen this interior on a 1996 car for sale on Piston Heads, Clicky! Is that a standard interior or has this guy had it re trimmed like that? Must point out im not a fan of this car's styling, im more a subtle styled type dude, but would like a similar interior? Any help appreciated!

Cheers again, Kendo
Old 12 March 2010, 06:53 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

That interior was fitted to cars from 97 onwards, you'd need one from a 97/98 car to fit yours. Pre that, the doorcards were wrong shaped. The seller on your ad has also sprayed the centre console and door pulls etc silver, they are black/dark grey in reality.

Be aware that the pale grey door card trim showed the muck and is a pita to keep clean.
Be also aware that any seats you get will now be 12 years old and very tired, look for collapsed seat squab bolsters especially driver's side from constant getting in and out, plus scuffs and rubs on the driver's side lower side bolster, caused mainly by the seat belt.

The seats pale grey parts were as above too, re: cleaning.

I have the later seats from a V6 STi in my 98 car, but have kept the older doorcards. Wish I'd changed those too now.
Old 12 March 2010, 12:26 PM
_KENDO_
Scooby Regular

Kool, so it was a standard interior option on 97 onwards. Not really bothered about center console, Dash is fine just have a Dark Green car and don't think the Dark blue goes with dark green.

So is this interior extremely hard to find? or is it something I can get from a lot of breakers?
Old 12 March 2010, 12:57 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Fairly easy to find, yes. But be choosy, for the reasons given above. And do what I did before fitting: I took my new seats to a local valeter and paid him £15 for a through clean, they stood outide in the sunshine all day drying, looked the biz once fitted.
e-bay may also be your friend.
Are you selling your old door cards? Any chance of a pic?
Old 12 March 2010, 01:15 PM
_KENDO_
Scooby Regular

Can seem to find Dark Blue/Grey turbo interior just like my own, but getting pure black/grey seems difficult.

Idea would be to go to a breakers find the interior i am after swap it round for mine plus a little cash or take it, then sell mine as its in good condition, especially font seats and door cards, rear seat is good but the stitching has started to come away in one of the corners unfortunately.

Also whats the latest year that your able to swap newer Impreza seats in to the classic?

(Sorry, not a full member yet so not able to stick on attachments or pictures )

Last edited by _KENDO_; 12 March 2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Answer a question from previous post
Old 12 March 2010, 02:47 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Just to be clear, my door cards are shark grey soft plastic and pale grey material. I've not seen black/grey at all.

As for seat swaps, I can't comment but have seen posts on here where people have swapped from cars up to 05 into classics, the main problem being that they seem to sit higher
Old 23 March 2010, 09:08 AM
naughtyhunnybunny
Scooby Regular

I have put the later STI 04 interior in mine including the carpet and then re trimmed the doors, it looks lovely (i can post a pic if you want) although I must say if you are a tall person the seating position for the driver is a tad higher than the standard seats.
In the summer we will be taking out the seats and hopefully messing about with runners to lower them a little..
Old 23 March 2010, 07:39 PM
_KENDO_
Scooby Regular

Yeah, some pics would be great! The car I have did have STi 8 seats in it before I got it as seen pictures of them in.

Rather than mess about with trying to find good condition Doorcards and interior etc, I have decided to put in a flocked Dash and doorcards in. So will only need rear seats and front seats now, so not sure what ones to get. Would like a set of fully Black fronts from newer model? But unsure what model the fully black ones come out of?
Old 24 March 2010, 06:12 PM
naughtyhunnybunny
Scooby Regular

If you go to my album I've uploaded some interior ones to there, it just saves me going back into phototbucket and getting the tags.

The black ones like mine are WR1 ones, they do come about occasionally but arn't too cheap either, I paid £400 for mine the black maybe a little more. Thats what I really wanted myself I was just too impatient to wait any longer but I'm actually pleased now with the blue.

Flocked dashes look fantastic although not seen the door cards done before, when you get yours done you'll have to post some pics..
Julie
Old 24 March 2010, 07:06 PM
_KENDO_
Scooby Regular

Yours is awesome! Extremely impressed with rear seats, they strait fit like fronts? and they Doorcards are very classy! See what you mean about the seats sitting higher, im a six footer so will need to consider that when I am getting seats.

Don't have the the flocked dash or doorcards yet, waiting for them to come back in to stock. But just thought it would be a lot easier then waiting for immaculate V1-4 STi Black/Grey Doorcards, seats etc, which probably wouldn't happen and if did turn up would be fortunes! flocked stuff is brand newly done, never been fitted and your talking same price or even cheaper! Will get the pics up as soon as Ive fitted the stuff in a few weeks or so, well when It finally comes in to stock!

Ps.. Interesting name Naughty and some equally interesting decals on either side of your front bumper.. Just LOL x 1000
Old 24 March 2010, 07:38 PM
DJ_Jon
911 C4 pilot

I've got a full RB5 interior with flocked upper & lower Dash panels & centre console.

Seats are in vgc, pm me if you are interested.
Old 24 March 2010, 07:47 PM
naughtyhunnybunny
Scooby Regular

Thanks, I'm really pleased the way she's come on over the years, I actually saw a pic today of what she was like when I bought her, so different and very standard..

Yeah those back seats go straight in, exactly the same fittings, I was well pleased. The only thing with the fronts is you have to use the later runners that the seats come with. Am hoping to lower them a little in the summer but I'm only 5' 6" so not much of an issue

Arr, the little devil graphics, Mmm... I've had those on for a while now, did have one on each of the bumper corners, but now have just two as I had the front end sprayed as the front bumper & bonnet was badly stone chipped. The o/s had the naughtiest but not too many people see them as they are quite small and small kids have no idea which is handy really. Although was still amusing when they did spot them, point them out to their parents and they then get their arms yanked out of their sockets and dragged off

I'll keep my eyes open for your flocking and a what great alternative to recovering the cards, I've seen a couple dashes done and saw in the scooby mag that you can get steering wheels done etc too, could be a nice finish as long as it stays put which I'm sure it does.

Feel free to vote on my car in the competition in the scooby mag, I'm currently in 1st place, or I was yest..
Julie
Old 25 March 2010, 12:17 AM
_KENDO_
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by naughtyhunnybunny
Feel free to vote on my car in the competition in the scooby mag, I'm currently in 1st place, or I was yest..
Julie
Nae bother hen, Il check it out and vote!

Originally Posted by DJ_Jon
I've got a full RB5 interior with flocked upper & lower Dash panels & centre console.

Seats are in vgc, pm me if you are interested.
You have a PM bud!

Last edited by _KENDO_; 25 March 2010 at 12:18 AM. Reason: .
Old 26 March 2010, 06:29 PM
naughtyhunnybunny
Scooby Regular

Thank you for the vote Kendo and I'm looking forward to seeing your interior when you get it in, especially those flocked door cards.
Old 06 May 2010, 12:08 AM
Dutch Scooby lover
Scooby Regular

The Netherlands only My98SV had black cloth and grey alcantara seats.
Also the Dutch Stars25 model (celebrated 25 years of Subaru in Holland) had Black/Blue alcantara seats.

Here is the My98SV version.