Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Harness Mounting Points

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2010, 06:24 PM
PeterolHead
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harness Mounting Points

Can someone help me out with this, Ive had the rear seats out and done the eyes for the sholder straps but not sure where to mount the eyes for the waist straps? the seat belt bolt looks a bit tight to get an eye in and there are no visible bolts etc on the door side ..

cheers all
Old 09 March 2010, 09:32 AM
BlueBugEye
Scooby Regular

Have a look on the schroth website I'm sure I saw fitting instructions for their quickfit harnesses on there.
Old 10 March 2010, 10:36 PM
PeterolHead
Scooby Newbie

I had a look and it just says use the seatbelt points which dont help cos the r.hand one is under the carpet (could use with stans help) but the l.hand one looks like there is not enough space,
someone must have had this issue/know the answer??
did you manage to fit a standard eye in the gap?
cut away the plastic faring around the centre tunnel or strip the interior all together?
help pls..
Old 18 March 2010, 12:06 AM
PeterolHead
Scooby Newbie

ok you do have to use the seatbelt bolt holes and they do fit.. kind of.. Well three of them do anyway the fourth one for the front right needs an extra long bolt with a random american thread called 7/16 UNF (all seat belt bolts use this thread. apparently), I found one on eBay that is about 50mm long instead of the 30ish ones that came with the harness but I haven’t tried it yet so will have to see if that’s long enough.

To access the bolts I started by unbolting the drivers seat and carefully leaning it back to rest against the back seat and then unclipping the sensor lead

I then had access to the left hand bolt (on seat), when fitting the eye bolt I did have to play around with washers to get the bolt facing the right direction when done up tight

Then rolled the seat out of the way so can now lift the carpet in the rear driver side foot well

The bolt on the right goes through the plate the belt attaches to and then through a spacer so the plate don’t crush the cables that run just above it, this means the standard eye bolt is not long enough.

With the carpet up there is a circular hole in the carpet lining of the carpet where the bolt head sits, I think this will be where the hole in the carpet needs to be

If you do try this make sure you do the eye bolts up tight enough, I used a masonry chisel about 8 inches long to get some leverage through the eye.. that said when its tight you should know and I would not want to strip the thread. also use new spring washers etc..