HKS Turbo Timer

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2009, 02:35 PM
pkman
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HKS Turbo Timer

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum and also new to Subaru too as I have just purchase myself a 2003 STI 2 weeks ago after moving away from Honda.

I bought myself perhaps too eagerly quite a few things for the car of which all of them very useful. The only thing I have installed that I am having doubts is the HKS turbo timer type '0'. Having read a few threads on this now, the general consensus is it's a waste of money and time.

Cooling down is important to the car, and I am sure I can manage this without some timer telling me to do so. The reason in purchasing this is the thought I can have the timer on, lock and arm the alarm and walk away without the wait, especially good when outside your flat or house as you are pretty sure you can lock and walk away with it being safe.

The only issue is I just realised you can't lock the alarm with the turbo timer (standard alarm) - which makes the product a moot point, might as well wait and count down myself?

Is there anyone or anyway I can arm the car and walk away while using this turbo timer? Looking up at old threads, there is a mix review on this, with a aftermarket Clifford 650 (?) having some good results but I am not sure if anyone has tried this with a standard alarm and how?

Thanks,
Old 14 November 2009, 09:40 PM
pkman
Scooby Newbie

bump

does anyone know or have tried with standard alarm??
Old 14 November 2009, 11:20 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A turbo timer is a complete waste of time on the Impreza engine due to the natural convection of water blah blah blah! Save yourself the time and whip it out and sell it to put the money else where
Old 15 November 2009, 09:42 PM
pkman
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Brun
A turbo timer is a complete waste of time on the Impreza engine due to the natural convection of water blah blah blah! Save yourself the time and whip it out and sell it to put the money else where
Thanks - I understand that, and have read the arguments and reasoning on this forum after i was a bit quick in purchasing the timer.

Was hoping to make use of it with the alarm rather then sell it at a loss (since I have it anyways - might as well use it).

David
Old 16 November 2009, 08:23 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I hear ya - be aware though, i'm not sure of the ins and outs of it but your ins co may take issue with a car that can be left running while unattended
Old 16 November 2009, 07:51 PM
pkman
Scooby Newbie

thanks. I don't think there will be much chance of me leaving the car unattended by the looks of things if I can't use my alarm!

I suspect the best thing I get out of it will be the voltage output
Old 29 November 2009, 01:17 PM
Tenby
Scooby Regular

just dont hammer the car in the last few minutes of your journey = no need for a turbo timer

Trending Topics

Old 04 December 2009, 07:18 PM
wootty
Scooby Regular

as above.10 seconds is all i give after last mile off boost.plus its winter so turn off everything electrical while its idling.
Old 04 December 2009, 09:57 PM
milliemoo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wootty
as above.10 seconds is all i give after last mile off boost.plus its winter so turn off everything electrical while its idling.

its uncanny.i do exactly that too .my mate in his audi turbo never bothers to warm up or cool down.guess il be having the last laugh there then!!!