Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Update on my 'alternative' gauge setup

Search this Thread

Old 09 March 2002, 06:05 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

After deciding it was time to rip the inside of my car apart, I eventually removed the cup holder and the air vents + binnacle after much struggling. God know what I would have done if it hadn't been for some of the recent threads on here.....

Anyway, a lot of cutting, fiddling, and playing about later....I have some pics of what my stuff will look like when fitted. It's still rough round the edges, and I only have two out of the three gauges, but the other will arrive later this month, and I will look at fitting it all then, hopefully in time for The Big One meet being arranged by Gridlock Mikey.

Here are the pics.....

There is a slight gap on the bottom left of the fascia at the moment, cos I somewhat forced the gauges in rather than filing the fascia down and getting them to fit smoothly That's my impatience Apologies for the blurriness, I had to take the pics with no flash on to stop reflections, and it takes a longer exposure, and my hands wobble

This is a pic with my DIY AFR housing. Thanks to Scott.T and John Banks for the schematics and help with the problems I had. This will be going where the cup holder was.

All in all, the whole setup will have cost me about 125 quid when it is all fitted by myself. The gauges (for three) were 95 quid from Mook (http://www.mjdesignsuk.com) and the AFR was about 9 quid (excluding **** ups ). The rest of the 125 was spent on bits and bobs like wire, threaded screw for No. 3 piston, etc.

For those of you with pre facelift models, I would imagine you could do something similar.

Thanks for reading the rant Hope to see you all at The Big One. My car will be stickered with my name, so feel free to come and have a look/ask questions (if I have fitted it all by then )

Steve
Old 09 March 2002, 09:44 PM
mook
Scooby Regular

Talking

Looking good there Hanslow
Old 10 March 2002, 05:51 PM
nom
Scooby Senior

You got rid of the cup holder???