Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Lighter front seats?

Search this Thread

Old 01 June 2008, 08:46 PM
mit
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lighter front seats?

Hi all, im in the market for some after market fron bucket seats,as the standard items in my RA are holed and very heavy! What are you lot using? I don't need to go mad with expensive carbon fiber!

Mit
Old 04 June 2008, 09:50 PM
AdamNI
Scooby Regular

Very few people do this, i think it's a leap of faith in finding the right ones then the hassle of fitting them, plus the cost. Although i'm going for it and waiting on a set of recaro profi spg's for my 05 sti. I have my reservations about how well they're going to fit and would be surprised if they're perfect. I'll let you know how i get on.
Old 05 June 2008, 08:56 AM
rickya
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IIRC Spec C seats are meant to be lighter?
Old 05 June 2008, 10:34 AM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamNI
Very few people do this, i think it's a leap of faith in finding the right ones then the hassle of fitting them, plus the cost. Although i'm going for it and waiting on a set of recaro profi spg's for my 05 sti. I have my reservations about how well they're going to fit and would be surprised if they're perfect. I'll let you know how i get on.
Theyre a pain in the *** to fit right mate, but once theyre in... worth every second of the cursing you'll be doing on the installation lol.

Changing my seat was one of my favorite mods on the car

Old 05 June 2008, 08:16 PM
AdamNI
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=frayz;7920437]Theyre a pain in the *** to fit right mate, but once theyre in... worth every second of the cursing you'll be doing on the installation lol.

Changing my seat was one of my favorite mods on the car

Yeah, i think the standard seats are quite poor in several ways, at least for a slim bloke like myself when you start pushing on a bit. I find myself hanging on to the steering wheel. I sat in a few sparcos, but then found the SPGs and they felt perfect. Really looking forward to them. Love the full on hardcore route you decided on, no messing

Even if the spec c seats are lighter they don't look any different to the standard, depends what you're after and i could be wrong there.
Old 05 June 2008, 10:07 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

Spec C seats are not lighter. The rally Spec C comes with a $hite seats for you to throw away and fit sports seats though.

I think the S204 came with lighter seats but cost a fortune!
Old 07 June 2008, 09:31 PM
mit
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replies. Im happy to send a bit of time getting them to fit,the cars a second car so can afford to have it in the garage for a bit. I was looking at the corbeau forza sport seats, which i can get for £200 delivered.Then looking at mounting the sub frames off my seats by making some brackets out of ally.The seats are 16kg the pair,as opposed to around 30kg for the standard ones.