Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Is any of this structural?

Search this Thread

Old 05 January 2008, 05:54 PM
Bicco
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is any of this structural?

Started removing some weight out of the back of my MY03 STi, the car will only ever get used as a 2 person motor, and so nothing behind the fornt seat is really required. Removed the back seats and was then confronted by this:

None of these bars where present on my old MY99 Type R, so iwas wondering if any could be removed and what was structural. The bar running from door to door looks substantial, but the ones running form front to back of the seat can`t do much, not sure about the ones running up to parcel shelf either, maybe there to support the seat, but do they do anything more important?

Thanx in advance, Mark.
Old 06 January 2008, 10:22 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The one across the car is i think for stopping the rear seat passengers being able to slide under the seat belt in the event of an accident, i think they call it anti-submarining.... i suspect the others support the back of the seat.... if you're going to remove the seat, then i wold say all the bars can be removed.... if the seat is staying, leave it all, just in case the rear seat does get used....!!