Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Wiring turbo switches into non-turbo car

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2007, 08:09 PM
Will Palmer
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring turbo switches into non-turbo car

I am new to Scooby.net and own a 1997 2.0 Sport (non-turbo) I am in need of some wiring help. The previous owner has fitted the interior from a WRX Turbo car, this includes the seats and door cards. As I am sure most members know the switches are different in the two different door cards. I have managed to wire the original connectors into the "new" (turbo) switches on the front passengers door (RHD car) and both rear doors, each of these had 5 wires. I now need to connect up the drivers door switch and there are 10 wires. I still have the original drivers door switch connected and everything works perfectly but the switch doesn't fit in the turbo door card.

Wires in original connector (non-turbo car) BLUE----BLUE WITH RED---- WHITE---- WHITE WITH GREEN---- WHITE WITH RED----WHITE WITH YELLOW----WHITE WITH BLUE----BLUE WITH BLACK----RED----BLACK (Total ten).

Wires in "new" switch (turbo car) BLACK---- GREEN WITH YELLOW----GREEN WITH BLACK----BLACK WITH BLUE----GREEN WITH WHITE----RED WITH GREEN----BLUE WITH WHITE----BLUE WITH RED----BLUE----BLACK WITH YELLOW (Total ten).

Can anyone help and tell me which wires in the turbo switch go to which wires in the non-turbo car. I have tried but seem to be getting nowhere, any advice and help would be very much appreciated.
Will Palmer
Oxford UK
Old 25 September 2007, 08:53 PM
Will Palmer
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've managed to sort the wiring out now, thanks to anyone who read my post and gave it some thought.
Will Palmer