Notices
Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Anyone had the door panels off an MY01?

Search this Thread

Old 04 January 2002, 08:47 PM
EwanS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where are the panel clips located? / any hidden screws ?
EwanS
Old 05 January 2002, 06:14 PM
Andy H
Scooby Regular

Smile

Ive had mine off a couple of times to fit speakers.

From memory remove the screw in the in the upper arm rest and lift out the electric window switches by lifting the back and pushing forward. You need to remove the big screw on the metal bracket under the window switch.Then remove the small plastic triangles by the mirrors, they pull off quite easily, just be careful you dont snap the little lugs that hold them on.

Then it is a case of pulling the panel off. I used a wide plastic spatuler type thing and started at the bottom rear of the door and just easied the panel of slowly. When all the clips are off the panel just lifts up and of the supports at the top of the door.

Refitting is as easy, just a pain trying to get the panel to sit on the two top brackets.

If you need any further info email

Andy H

Old 10 January 2002, 01:35 PM
slippyr4
Scooby Regular

Fronts are easy... remove the screws in window switch as described above. Also, ope the bung behing the inside door open catch and remove that screw. slide the entire door open catch assembly one way (i think it's toward the back, but not sure). this sort of unclips the entire door catch assembly, and allows it to come forward a few mm. you can then carefully remove the surround from the catch assembly.
once unclipped (sides and bottom), hinge the door panel out a bit then lift up. refitting is simple, but much easier if you have the window all the way down- it's easier to get the panel back on the white plastic clips.

the rear doors are similar to front, but the side (near the latch mechanism) has a small plastic plug you need to pull out. looks a bit like a screw head on it, but it's not. just get your fingernails behind it and pull.
Old 11 January 2002, 11:39 AM
EwanS
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys
Ewan