Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

gauges

Search this Thread

Old 30 November 2001, 08:58 AM
kevin stanton
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi
I was wondering if there is a make of gauges that matches the MY99 dashboard lights when its dark (the speedo etc)

Thanks
Kevin
Old 30 November 2001, 09:57 AM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hi Kevin,

I have just installed a 3 gauge pod with the excellent help of Chiarks website on gauge fitting. http://www.chiark.com/. I bought all of my gauges and pod from Scoobymania. Mike Tuckwood provided good guidance too. Hopefully I can get some pictures this weekend and I will post them on the bulletin board.

The Autometer gauges come with little socks to go over the bulbs. I put the green ones on as it matches my MY00 dash when lit. The faces of the Autometer gauges are also white and provide a good match to the dash when not lit.

Alternatively you can go for the Defi gauges but are nearly twice the cost of the Autometer ones.

Damian.
Old 30 November 2001, 12:36 PM
Matt Churchill
Scooby Regular

I'd say get the Defi's - match is pretty good, even the "Defi" lights up. They aren't cheap though that is true (guess you get what you pay for) - got mine from New Age - £449 for guages and pod, real good quick service too.

There are some pictures of mine in the members gallery, but from a while ago - not one at night though, sorry!

Matt
Old 30 November 2001, 05:03 PM
DaveMcC
Scooby Regular

A few quick questions - I'm looking at getting some gauges as the standard Scooby fare is a bit mean!

I like the look of the Scoobymania pod best - is this a modified version of the Subaru official pod (as sold for the Gauge Pack compass thingy) - it looks identical and would therefore be a good fit and match for the interior.

Scoobymania's web site shows it with HKS 46mm gauges fitted - presumably 52mm fit ok as I think that is the size of the Autometer gauges. If so, would the Defi gauges fit the Scoobymania pod?

Finally, can anyone comment on the relative accuracy of the gauges - I'm not too bothered about the oil pressure and temp - only want these for rough relative values. However, I would like the boost gauge to be quite accurate so I can see what it's doing (ie overboost etc problems).

Thanks in advance

Dave

Edited cause I'm now confused - the Scoobymania website seems to show a different pod to the one in Chiark's website - which is which??

[Edited by DaveMcC - 11/30/2001 9:41:58 PM]
Old 08 December 2001, 11:48 AM
kevin stanton
Scooby Regular

i've just ordered a 3 gauge pod and boost, oil temp and oil pressure gauges from scoobymania, it all should arrive on Tuesday.

I will post pics when its all fitted.

KEVIN

Old 10 December 2001, 09:05 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Scoobymania didn't update their website for their new pod - d'oh, slapped wrist Mike! On their website they show the "Subaru" pod, which ain't quite big enough for 52mm gauges without a bit of hacking around.

I'd recommend the Scoobymania pod after seeing the finished unit. It's a better match than the GGR pod that I've got.

I must admit that the best looking set-up is the Defi set-up, but that used to be a lot of money. At 450 quid it's still expensive, but the kit is absolutely superb and the pod is verrrry nice.