Morpheous Geodesy

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2001, 09:39 AM
babber
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

All,

Just wanted to give a little feedback on the Geodesy. I was fortunate enough for Bob Illes to loan me his Geodesy with a view to buy once I was convinced I needed one. Well I'm convinced,. cash on the way Bob

I did a 1000 mile tour of the UK over the past few days and would like say that the Geodesy did find and alarm me of at least 20 accident Hotspots that I would have missed. I was, in all cases aware of the Hotspots at least 1/2 mile before I arrived at them and was able to be doing the correct speed through them. Fantastic!!!! Excellent value for money.

The unit remained online all the way across the Scottish boarders, when my mobile lost signal, due to the GPS technology. Very reassuring!!! Infact, remained online for a 6 hour period (Bristol to Edinburgh)

I did manage on the way back home to accidentally put the unit into demo mode!! I telephone the Geodesy customer care number last night at 8:30 PM, and surprisingly someone answered the telephone and talked me through getting the unit back to normal operational mode.

So far, I well impressed with the quality of the unit, and even more impressed with the support service. Well done Morpheous!!!

I know that there is a group purchase on the cards, and would urge you all to consider doing yourself a favour and get one!!!

Cheers Phill C

PS. I'm not connected with Morpheous in any way, just know a bloody good product when I see one.

Old 22 October 2001, 04:09 PM
AlanN
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I've had one for about a year.
they're great.
I don't work for them either

Alan
Old 24 October 2001, 09:47 AM
tklimes
Scooby Regular

I've had mine for about six months - fantastic. I will be fitting it permanently with a re-rediating antenna, where the cup holder should be in the centre console.

I will post pictures if anyone is interested (and can tell me how to post them!)

Tom
Old 24 October 2001, 11:39 AM
ChrisB

Tom,

I'd be very interested to see how it fits into the cup holder - I've considered putting my Geodesy there.

If you can e-mail me the pictures, I can get them on the web for you no problem.

Cheers,

ChrisB.
Old 24 October 2001, 11:51 AM
tklimes
Scooby Regular

OK Chris - it will be a couple of weeks before I have time to take the interior apart (I'm planning to install a new stereo, Laser Blinder and Turbo Timer at the same time).

I have seen some people post pictures to the bbs - albeit to the old one. Do you know how they did this? Also, how do people get smilies in their postings?

Tom
Old 24 October 2001, 02:47 PM
ChrisB

Tom,

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mr.cookie/picposting.htm is one way of doing it or I can put them on one of our web servers.

Smilies - remove the space between the colon and first leter or bracket.

is : D
is : )
is : (
is : p
is : rolleyes:
[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] is : mad:
Old 24 October 2001, 02:58 PM
tklimes
Scooby Regular

Many thanks for the explanation

[Edited by tklimes - 10/24/2001 3:02:36 PM]