Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Big hydraulic fluid spill - help

Search this Thread

Old 01 November 2005, 08:52 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big hydraulic fluid spill - help

I have recently bought a Porsche 944 as my sunday run car. I was garaging her up last night and when fixing the rubber mat in the rear of the car I noticed the carpet was soaked in an oily liquid. I have traced this to a failed clutch master cylinder.

How do you recommend I go about cleaning up this mess?

I have soaked as much as I can up and contained the spill as best I can until I get the master cylinder replaced. I cant take the carpet up as its stuck onto the floor of the car, and I dont want to damage it. I want to get 99.99% of this out. What would you suggest?

Would white spirit be suitable for diluting it and then thoroughlly clean the carpet with a wet cleaning system??

I am really pissed off, I bought this one just a week ago as it was the only example I could find with low miles, perfect interior, perfect bodywork and completely un-modified.

Help, help, help, help, help!!!

TT
Old 02 November 2005, 08:11 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

An excellent degreaser is Wickes Paintbrush cleaner", the blue stuff.

Try it, to see if it dissolves the brake fluid. It should do. Then clean area with paper towels to remove most of the spill, soak a cloth in PBC, and clean area. Repeat a few times.

Now go over the area with cloths soaked in water.........use plenty with a little detergent. Soak up excess water with dry cloths, paper towels, and leave to dry.

Alcazar