Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Permanent install of Road Angel

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2005, 09:09 PM
scooby_pimp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Permanent install of Road Angel

Anyone have any ideas on the procedure for doing a permanent installation of a road angel. Just got hold of one and think the cigarette cable method for power makes the cabin of my scoob look bloodfy aweful !!
Ideally want to tuck all the wires away but that will obviously involve some sort of dash removal ?

Thanks in advance.
Pimp
Old 19 July 2005, 09:50 PM
darms
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont think it would be much different to hard wiring a radar detector, so http://www.ravensblade-impreza.com/m...dar/radar.html or you could tap off the central roof light.

Have Fun
Old 31 July 2005, 01:39 AM
XR-Wayne
Scooby Regular

Right iv done a hardwire on my WRX.
take off the panel under the wheel
2 bolts i think and pull carefully then you will come to the fuse box,
You will need a Molex adaptor(DONT FORGET TO PUT A FUSE HOLDER AND FUES IN THE MOLEX LOOM) for this as you cant just cut the Connection on there
Use a Multimeter and test for a swtiched Live , turn the key get 12Volts take key out and should go to 0 Volts when found Then Make a Proper connection, That link above in my opion is a Bodge with those Blue connectors, Plus i wouldnt of taken it of a plug thats being used.Find a spare space in the fues box that aint being used
Before Pluging you road angel in use the Muiltimeter again and check that its running 12Volts ok and its earth propley. You can check a good earth on the Multimeter again.

Iv done a million of these at work so let me no if you need any more help.
Old 24 August 2005, 11:49 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by scooby_pimp
Anyone have any ideas on the procedure for doing a permanent installation of a road angel. Just got hold of one and think the cigarette cable method for power makes the cabin of my scoob look bloodfy aweful !!
Ideally want to tuck all the wires away but that will obviously involve some sort of dash removal ?

Thanks in advance.
Pimp
I hide the thin power wire under the storage box in the dash, I then used clear double sided tape on the wire down the left side of the centre console n into the lighter plug. Looks neat n tidy. Saves aload of hassle messing around with hard wiring it in imo, and makes it easier to take out.
Old 24 August 2005, 09:14 PM
WHY
Scooby Regular

Drilled a small hole just behind the digital clock to the left (MY04) in the removable pod not the dash, fed the cable down behind the radio and connected to the back of the *** lighter, stuck the magnetic pad above the digital clock (again on the removable pod), when the Road Angel is sat on the magnetic pad all you can see is the plug and no wire.

Mark W