Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

PDA Windscreen Mount ?

Search this Thread

Old 12 May 2005, 05:28 PM
Nick100
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question PDA Windscreen Mount ?

Can anyone recommend a gooseneck PDA mount please, and where to get one. I really want something with a large suction cup (3 inch +) to ensure it doesn't fall of the windscreen.

I would like to have a look at it before buying, but can't find or think of any shops that might have them. I've tried all the local Halfrauds and motorist shops, who all have tiny little holders, which look like they will either break or fall off the windscreen.

I saw one of the old TomTom mounts, which looked good, but they don't supply the gooseneck anymore.

It's for an HP 2210 but needs to have clearance to get the charge cable in the bottom.

If anyone can convince me that one of the smaller suction cups is OK, maybe I'd go with one of those.

Thanks for any advice
Nick
Old 12 May 2005, 07:43 PM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

I got one of these and it's absolutely brilliant - solid as a rock and because it's magnetic it's a doddle to attach to the pda and you can switch it to landscape for tomtom as well..

Proporta

http://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05...746&t_mode=des
Old 13 May 2005, 09:08 AM
Mikey Ace
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hi

I've got the Arkon cradle with built in speaker for clearer speach.

http://www.globalpositioningsystems...._id=-1&vt=list

if the link doesn't work got here...

http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk

and search on the fastlink code : P1887

PS: it's very good, on a clean window with a little moisture on the suction cup it works a treat - has only fallen off 3 times in over a year - and all of those were over night - not while driving.... handy really.

regards

Mikey
Old 13 May 2005, 10:16 AM
flat4
\m/ ^_^ \m/

Location: 2010 Time Attack Club Pro Champion - Powered by ScoobyClinic
Thumbs up

got to be a ram mount, they're made to fit your PDA (you've got the same one as me) so no need for a generic one that looks pants and clumsy, they're completely modular so you can have the gooseneck with a suction cup, or a u clamp (i've got one so i can also attach it to my mountain bike) and all for the same price as one off ebay, the suction cup stayed stuck to my motorbike's petrol tank for the 400 miles i did at the weekend through rain and high winds

http://www.gpsw.co.uk/altprods.html?ProdID=1984
Old 13 May 2005, 02:59 PM
Nick100
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys for your suggestions.
I'd looked at most of these and a few others (although hadn't seen the Proporta one - Thanks Bartop), but just couldn't decide.

After careful consideration .....
I'm put off the Proporta one due to the need to stick a big magnet on the back of the PDA or get a crystal case, which I'm not sure if you can access the screen and buttons through.
I didn't really want a powered and speakered one, because the 2210 is pretty loud and clear already and I've already got the cable to power it from the lighter socket.

So it's going to be the Ram mount - thanks Flat4 - I found them on the internet yesterday and wondered what they were like - 400miles on a bike tank convinced me

Thanks for all the help anyway Bartop and Mikey Ace.
Cheers
Nick