Notices
Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

3 Gauge Pod, Replace with what?

Search this Thread

Old 07 August 2001, 02:43 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi,

I bought a three gauge pod from scoobymania but this doesnt fit my 94, so I am sending it back can anybody recommend anything for a 94 uk turbo? (can be just boost gauge pod)

Regards

David
Old 07 August 2001, 02:54 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

David,

You have a couple of options!

You could get an a-pillar pod, that sits on the dash, between the windscreen and the a-pillar - Available from ScoobyMania, Power Engineering, GGR, and many other places. The problem I had with these is that it never sits in place properly! (I've had one of these for my old MY97 and my current MY99 cars!)

You could get a single or dual pod strip, that attaches to the a-pillar itself. Have a word with Nito, or I have seen them for sale at Demon Tweeks. Only problem is that you either have to screw it into the a-pillar or use some very heavy duty velcro!

I know that Defi make gauge pods that take a standard 52mm gauge, and these are screwed into the shroud, just behind the steering wheel. You can have two there, and it won't obscure the standard dash gauges. Again have a word with Nito about this.

I know Nito was developing a pod for the older car to take 3 gauges, but these are mounted quite low down on the dash.

Also you could go to Halfords, Demon Tweeks, etc, and get a gauge clamp. You tighten it up around the gauge, then stick/screw it to the dash. Only problem with this method is you can see the wires out of the back, and normally looks untidy, and like an after thought!

Nito is the best man to speak to. his website is down at the moment, but you can reach him on ninosco@aol.com

Hope this helps
Andy
Old 07 August 2001, 02:57 PM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Smile

Yup STI boost gauge from Cheam Motors. Sits behind your steering wheel, has white face.
Costs 160 quid delivered if you are an SIDC member.
Tel: 0208 3942263
Beastie
Old 07 August 2001, 03:11 PM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Cool

see here

Old 07 August 2001, 03:13 PM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Cool

Comes with full fitting kit and they didnt ask for my membership number- know what I mean. As fitted to my car and WREXY's

Beastie
Old 07 August 2001, 11:01 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Thanks for the avice... Only thing is I dont want the gauge in front of the others, I can see the plod whinging about that.. they complained when the pulled me over for one of the routine checks once and I had my mobile laying there... my excuse was I wouldnt hear it ring over my exhaust and music otherwise, and therefore how would I be able to answer it... (They didnt like that)

I dont particuarly want to put the gauges in the centre console as I am planning on either having a dvd player + Screen + second head unit or an mp3 player there...

I quite like the three gauge pod and could be really tempted to hack into the top of the dash to get it to fit, but would take a lot of fiddling to get it right...

I dont mind drilling into the a post, as long as it fits well and doesnt look ****.

Anybody got any pictures of a post ones?

incidently scoobymania said they might have a three gauge pod for the a post available soon...

err? or not err?

David
Old 07 August 2001, 11:33 PM
Yee
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Beastie

What size is the gauge in the column mount pod. It looks smaller than 52mm

Is it 45mm? The reason I ask is that I have the triple gauge pack in the dash (above the stereo) in my 94 WRX. I want to move the boost gauge on to the steering column, like you have. If the boost gauge is 45mm do you know if you can just buy the pod separately or failing that where I could get one.

Thanks in advance

Yee
Old 08 August 2001, 05:09 PM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Talking

Yup its smaller than 52mm I think its 45mm including the pod. WREXY you help me out here? cause I havent my car with me. It doesnt obscure the instruments as it is a Subaru approved part.
Fits like this:

Looks the dogs danglies. However I dont know where you could buy the pod separately, if at all. The plod cant complain its an approved part!!!

However, Dave it sounds like you want the power engineering type one that fits on the pillar and will match your instruments cause its black faced. Looks good but distracts you at night, unless you leave it unlit.

Beastie
Old 09 August 2001, 01:29 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

dont suppose you have a pic, as that looks quite nice.

David
Old 09 August 2001, 04:08 PM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Talking

Picture of this is up the page. Do you want a picture of the power engineering one?
Beastie
Old 09 August 2001, 07:39 PM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Arrow

David.

Give me a ring, we are just finishing off a new double gauge mount that fits on the 'A' pillar, you could have that plus the normal single 'A' pillar pod and have three gauges.

Most of the column mount ones usually either obstruct some of the dashboard instruments, are too small to read without squinting, or spend most of their time obstructed by the spokes of the steering wheel.

Forgot to mention, we had quite a few prototype pods made which we are currently having looked at to see if they can be given the 'footprint' of the early dashboard?

Mike.

[This message has been edited by Mike Tuckwood (edited 09 August 2001).]
Old 10 August 2001, 01:50 PM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Cool

Old 11 August 2001, 08:58 AM
CraigH
Scooby Regular

Do a search for tecknopete - I believe he made some nice gauge pods that replaced the centre vents.

Only problem with multiple A pillar guages is they tend to restrict vision quite a lot....
Old 13 August 2001, 02:05 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Mike... Whats your number?

Is it the scoobymania one?
David