Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Changing Rear Seats

Search this Thread

Old 09 March 2001, 04:20 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I've see lots of posts on changing the front seats, but how easy is it to change the rears on a 4 door? I can only see two bolts under the front of the seat. Where are the rest?

Any quick info appreciated...
Old 10 March 2001, 05:56 PM
Pete N
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi,
(based on my UK MY00, don't know how others differ) there are the two screws you can see on the vertical bit between the footwell and the front of the seat. Fold down the rear seats and unscrew the plastic runners towards the base of the rear of the seat where the boot carpet meets the seat-back (2 screws in one side, 3 the other). At the back of the base cushion right in the middle there is a screw holding a hook-shaped piece of metal. Undo the screw (or you can do that after removing the base cushion). The seat base should come out if you push it towards the rear of the car, then tilt the back down and the front up to manoeuvre the catch over the hook in the middle. Once the base is out, two screws are revealed (1 each side) right at the bottom at either side of the upright cushion. You may need to remove the plastic trim between the cushion and the door rubber (one screw towards the top I think?). Ok. that should be all the screws. Now lift the whole cushion assy straight upwards (there are lugs on the top that you must lift it over. I think that should be it.

Refitting is the reverse of removal.

I did this job w/e before last and took me a little time to figure out! Hope this helps.

Peter.
Old 14 March 2001, 10:16 AM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pete,

Thanks for these instructions. They will really help. I'll be tackling this at the weekend...

<B>N</B><I>i</I><B>m</B><I>B</I><B>u<I>S</B></I>