Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Sparco pedal covers

Search this Thread

Old 30 December 2000, 01:19 PM
Chris Clayton
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I've just got a set of drilled alloy pedal covers for Xmas and went out today to fit them. As usual no fitting instructions with the covers.
Has anyone fitted these type of covers before on the Subaru. I assume i have to drill the brake and clutch pedal (after removing the rubber covers) to bolt the alloy covers to them.?
What about the throttle pedal as this seems to be plastic with a spring pivot. Will this drill to take the new alloy cover?.
All replies mucho welcome on this.

Ta

Chris C.
MY99
Old 30 December 2000, 01:43 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Chris
What I did with my Golf was to fit the clutch and brake covers but not the throttle pedal
Having offset the brake one it allowed me to both left foot brake and to heel and toe, there wouldnt be enough room if all three had been fitted. Dont know about the scooby as I havent tried plates but it may be best to experiment without drilling ( on private land away from things to hit ) by cable tying them in different positions
Dont do any thing above about 10mph in case they slide off
Rich
Old 01 January 2001, 10:51 PM
m j s
Scooby Newbie

hi chris, i fitted a set about 6 months ago to my wrx, i removed the brake and clutch rubbers and offered the covers up, marked the holes and drilled the pedels supporting them with a block of wood wedged between the floor and the underneath of the pedel. i had to slightly off set the covers on the pedel because of the metal support (just check before drilling). the throttle pedel was harder as you have less access, you have to slightly off set this one as well and use longer countersunk screws so you can get the nuts on the back, its sounds a bit fiddly and it is but i was happy with the result. good luck !
Old 01 January 2001, 10:57 PM
m j s
Scooby Newbie

hi chris, i fitted a set about 6 months ago to my wrx, i removed the brake and clutch rubbers and offered the covers up, marked the holes and drilled the pedels supporting them with a block of wood wedged between the floor and the underneath of the pedel. i had to slightly off set the covers on the pedel because of the metal support (just check before drilling). the throttle pedel was harder as you have less access, you have to slightly off set this one as well and use longer countersunk screws so you can get the nuts on the back, its sounds a bit fiddly and it is but i was happy with the result. good luck !
Old 01 January 2001, 10:59 PM
Chris Clayton
Scooby Regular

Smile

Richard, mjs.

Thanks for the replies guys,
I'll have to go and have a good look at the offsets and drilling to get them right.
I have heard that the new MY01 scooby has drilled pedals as standard so i might have to get a look at those to see how they've done it on that.

Cheers

Chris C.