Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

walnut dashes

Search this Thread

Old 31 August 1999, 06:39 PM
adem
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I've recently after a nine month wait, taken possession of my dream motor. After looking a imports and deciding against it, I went down to my not so local dealer paid my deposit and waited 9 months for my uk spec impreza turbo.... One month of 4000 revs has been endured and this weekend I'm putting it in for its first sevice and await to explore the cars full potential. Last Sunday I was passed by a biker on his fireblade thingy and a mutual nod was given, his visor was raised at the next stop and a great conversation was started, email addresses were exchanged and a great impression was made on me that there are out there a great deal of people in love with this car just like me and since discovering this site I have found out there are alot more than I thought. Anyway I've always wanted mini disk and had one fitted, brilliant cd quality with have the hassel,.. I will change the rear speakers when I've blown them but I was thinking about walnut dashboard kits I now prodrive do one but where to fit it and cost my dealer does one I think it is prodrive ands costs £350 is this good bad? But no gear stick *** thats compatable (one disaster from Halfords already) I live in W.London can anyone help?? It will be greatly appricated
Old 01 September 1999, 09:35 AM
david
Scooby Regular

Talking

Grahame Goode sell lots of different dash surrounds, I'm thinkning of the black carbon one myself.
Old 01 September 1999, 10:52 AM
Craig H
Scooby Regular

The GGR Real Carbon kits look great. They're a lot more tricky to put on compared to the synthetic ones though. Get it wrong and it stays wrong. The 3M glue is so strong it starts to pull off the dash surround!
Theres also a company which tend to advertise in the back of Autocar etc. They offer "Real Veneer". Quality is probably better than the Prodrive type offering.
Old 01 September 1999, 01:45 PM
AlexM
Scooby Regular

Hi,

I'm not sure that an Impreza dash wouldn't look, well..., a bit cr*p with fake wood stuck to the front of it.

Make sure you've had a look at the 'wood' before you commit yourself. £350 does seem a lot for some vinyl wood print.

Regards,

Alex
Old 01 September 1999, 11:44 PM
Stuart Page
Scooby Regular

Question

Anyone have the black/synthetic carbon dash kit or a wood type one that they have photos of???
I would be interested to see what they actually look like in the car.

Any takers??!!!

Cheers.
Old 02 September 1999, 01:20 AM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Have to agree with Bruce on this....YUK!
Still, it's your car.

Stef.

PS If you also mean that you want a 'wooden' gear ****, my old Alfa used to have one. Try an Alfa dealer!

[This message has been edited by Stephan (edited 02-09-1999).]
Old 02 September 1999, 08:33 AM
adem
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys for all your comments for and against they are all appriciated, I might not go for the wood now and plump for the carbon even the brushed aluminium. For me its just like changing the wheels,uprating the brakes or changing the rear boxIt's a matter of personal taste. But like stuart if anyone got any pictures of one in a car I'd interested to see
Many thanks once again to one and all.

Adem
Old 02 September 1999, 12:54 PM
bruceh
Scooby Regular

Walnut dashes? Are they a bit like egg-and-spoon races but with a walnut instead of an egg?

Or some obscure walnut-based liqueur with a touch of lemonade maybe??

Seriously though. They look fine in Jags and Rollers. But in an Impreza?

Old 03 September 1999, 11:04 AM
MarkCSC
Scooby Regular

Adem

If you're going to get brushed aluminium dont get it from Graham Goode. My friend bought the kit and it looked really naff. The metal is really thin and covered with a 5mm layer of plastic. It looks like a grey plastic dashboard rather than aluminium.
If anybody knows of a good aluminium kit I'd be interested.

Mark
Old 03 September 1999, 11:13 PM
adem
Scooby Regular

Today I have got my car back after it 1000 miler and on seeing the wood veneer in the morning decided for shelling out for it as it was replaced parts, not stuck on vinyl. And very happy am I with it too, although there were no surrounds for the window switches and I still can't find a compatible gear stick I'd throughly recommend this addition, bought through the dealer for a somewhat pocket burning £300!!!