Notices
Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Fitting guide needed for SECS 1004 pod style

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2004, 08:25 PM
marklemac
Scooby Regular

Location: Southampton*** MY02 STi, Black/Blue Mica Prodrive Style, mildly modded :) :). ***
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitting guide needed for SECS 1004 pod style

Hi there,

Just aquired myself a SECS 1004 Pod style from the for sale forums here, but need a fitting guide.

Only the 1003 fitting guide is available from PSI's website.

Anyone good anything they can either post here or PM me or email me ?

I'm stuck just getting the clock unit removed !
Old 08 March 2004, 11:51 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I haven't got a SECS unit but have whipped out the dash pod etc

The pod just needs a bit of a tug vertically (more like a good old yank ) to get it to come out as it's held in by 4 or 6 lugs. It's easier working from the passenger seat as you've more room to get to things. Don't try to lever the pod out with a screwdriver etc. as you'll mark the dash and not be a happy bunny

The clock unit is just a 3 or 4 wire plug AFAIR - open this as usual and if it leaves a lead dangling, tape the loose end to something to stop it flapping around and driving you nuts tapping away...

Now comes the interesting bit as you'll probably make life easier by removing the stereo to see where to feed wires through... For full details see the section on new age stereos on Chiark's site - the instructions do work as I've changed my head unit with them

If the stereo's out then you can see the innards of the dash and see where to route the wires from the inside of the pod, down the side of the binnacle and into the area under the steering wheel before connecting the cable into the data port. I don't know whether the unit takes it's power from this port or you need a seperate switched supply - there's a few areas to tap into for one if needed.

That should give you a start - don't rush it or you'll cut corners and / or make a bollocks of it and then regret it

Apple
Old 09 March 2004, 10:13 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

The secs unit doesn't need any other cabling apart from the cable to the ECU interface, which is under the steering wheel. I would imagine that removing the lower dash fascia (screw on side, two screws at the bottom) would make it easy to route that cable from the hole on top of the dash to the right place.

Fitting a the metal tray is easy. Plug two shiny retainers into the only place they'll go, then fasten the tray with four screws.
Old 09 March 2004, 01:27 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You may need to check if the SECS you bought came with the optional Oil temp / pressure senders. I also have a feeling that there was an option for EGT's too.