Notices
Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

gauges

Search this Thread

Old 11 January 2003, 09:09 PM
cliveyboy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi guys,hope you can help me,i've just taken delivery of some autometer gauges and a scoobymania centre pod,can you daisychain a positive,and a neg to each gauge or do u have to have a seperate wire to each gauge?also what do you stick the pod into the oddment tray with?i've seen the thread for installing the gauges on cheak'ys thread but it doesnt say wots best to stick the pod in and if its poss for the daisychain?also when you connect the oil pressure together(i've got the adapter as well)do you use a twin blade connector to keep the wire that goes to the oil light on the dash?hope you can help me,clive
Old 11 January 2003, 10:22 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hello Clive,

I'm thinking of some Autometer Sport-comp gauges at some point - which ones did you get?

For the wiring, you should be OK connectng them in parallel i.e. lead from +12V to 1st connection then to 2nd +12V connection etc and same with earth connections. I'm assuming you mean the power for the illumination?

Have a look here at the Autometer installation instructions page - might be a few pointers etc

Can't help with fastening the pod into the tray as I'm thinking of the replacement binnacle method.

Apple
Old 11 January 2003, 10:41 PM
cliveyboy
Scooby Newbie

Talking

hi apple, thanks for the info, i got the ultra-lite oil press,oil temp,and the boost gauge,have to say they are well smart,showed one of my friends one today and he was impressed by the cleanliness of the gauges,have to say the quality for the price,at roughly 40quid a gauge is well worth it.hope this helps you make up your mind,cheers clive.
Old 11 January 2003, 10:52 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

Smile

forgot to add...

have a look at Chiark's site (he's the mod. for the ICE forum) and he's done some instructions for gauge fitting onto a pre my01 (but main bits to look for are the same) - AFAIK they are autometer as well

Apple